"There's a Mummy on Main Street" PART 1

Annie's POV

Annie's POV

I sat on Ric's desk as I watched him pace around his office.

"Would you stop pacing? You're making me nervous because your pacing and soon it's gonna make me want to start pacing." I told him and he sighed as he made his way over to where I sat.

He placed his arms flat on both sides of the desk as he looked at me,still nervous.

"Oh well I'm sorry for worrying about an old urn that could somehow get its revenge on us and our kids for sending it down a riverbed."

I rolled my eyes and was about to reply with a snarky remark when I paused.

Did he just say our kids?

"Our kids?" I asked him in a soft tone.

Even though my husband was beyond tired he looked as though he immediately woke up,his eyes wide open when I noticed what he just.

"Y-Yeah. I-I mean they've always-um-"

He was cut off when one of the office doors opened which caused the two of us to pull away from one another.

We turned around to look over at the door to see that it was Dorian,who was decked out from head to toe in scuba gear.

"I couldn't find it." He told us before walking into the office.

"Cause it's not there." Ric said.

"Then why have I done five dives for it?" He asked.

"I didn't figure it out til now." Ric said.

"When was the last time you slept?"

"Oh,man,I will get some sleep,when we find this damn urn." He told him.

"Look,you gotta stop beating yourself up about this. I mean,yes,throwing an extremely dangerous magical artifact into the river was pretty stupid."

"Yeah." Ric muttered.

"The slug made you do it....And Annie may have helped."

My mouth went wide open as I scoffed beyond offended.

"Me?! What the hell did I do?"

"Well you didn't stop him." Dorian said.

"I'm sorry that mind controlling slug couldn't stop me from telling my husband that it wasn't the right time to throw a magical urn into a river." I sarcastically replied.

"Apology accepted." Dorian said and I growled as I got up to teach him a lesson or two but Ric got in between us before I could do anything.

"Slug or not,I am responsible for the things I do,and I have very likely unleashed a new monster on the humans that live outside the gates of the school,so I need to clean up this mess."