"There's A World Where Your Dreams Came True"

Annie's POV

Annie's POV

"You sure it glowed again?" Hope asked Ric from where she sat on the opposite side of his desk.

"I sleep with the damn thing under my pillow. It's hard to miss." He replied as he picked up his cross bow off his desk.

"That's why Mrs Saltzman has dark,disgusting,bags under her eyes." I said as I picked at my nails from where I sat in Ric's chair.

"But vampires don't need sleep." Ric said.

"Doesn't mean we don't enjoy it like every other sane person in Mystic Falls." I shot back as I tilted my head to look up at him.

He smiled before placing his hand on my face,pushing my head down so I'd be looking down at my nails again.

"What do you think it's gonna be this time? Hm?" Hope asked.

"A cyclops? Slender man? Santa?"

Ric chuckled before speaking up.

"Well,given our luck,I think it's safe to rule out Ol' Saint Nick." Ric told her.

"I don't know. I mean,Santa Claus is kind of terrifying when you think about it. Breaks into your home. He sees you when your sleeping. Not to mention,judge-y."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion at the last part of her sentence.

"Hope,I need you to focus." Ric said as he made his way around his desk.

And I guess he saw the thinking expression my face was making because he lightly tapped the desk a couple times before speaking up.

"Talking to you too honey."

"Look,I'm trying. I just wish that Satan's nightlight would give us some rest."

"Yeah. And I wish that knife was never in our school to begin with,but it's not like we can change that. All we can do is make sure we aren't blindsided by another monster waltzing through our doors." Ric said.

All of a sudden his office doors were opened and we all turned to see Lizzie and Josie standing there with their luggage,looking upset.

"Too late." Hope said.

"Oh,god." I said as I quickly got up from Ric's chair while he made his way around his desk.

"Uh,girls. What are you doing here? You're not supposed to get in til tonight."

"Mom was able to get us direct into Dules. Then faxed,texted and e-mailed the both of you our revised itinerary." Lizzie said.

I quickly pulled out my phone,that was on silent,out of my back pocket to see that Lizzie was right.

Caroline had sent emails and texts,she even called me a couple of times.

"The one time I put my phone on silent." I said as I turned the screen around to show them that I was turning the ringer back on.