Chapter-4

The light blaring through my curtains shined in my eyes and woke me up rudely. I groaned as I sat up, knowing that the only way to block the light was to shut the curtains, which meant getting out of bed. I didn't want to get out of the bed. I laid back down, wishing a sudden solar eclipse, but surprisingly, it didn't happen and so I was forced to get out of bed to shut the curtains. Just as I got back into bed and the warm duvet was wrapped around me, my phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked rudely into the phone.
"Hello sweetheart, I just wanted to ask how you are getting on?" my mom said.
How am I getting on? Why does she feel the need to ask me how I'm getting on at seven on a Sunday morning?
"I am fine, how are you? I asked, trying to be polite.
"I am good, I miss you so much sweetie" she said and I instantly felt guilty. That was why she rang, she missed me.
"I miss you too mom"
"Did I disturb your sleep?" she asked, maybe noticing my sleepy voice.
"Um...yeah! Actually I was sleeping" I replied.
"Okay, I will call you later then. Bye sweetheart" she said.
"Bye mom" I replied and hung up.
She left me fully awake at seven in the morning. Reluctantly, I got out of bed and made my way to the washroom.
I quietly made tea for myself, not disturbing Abhishek's sleep. I turned the TV on and watched some news.
After an hour or so I heard a knock over the door. I walked over and opened the door.
A girl stood there, her phone in her hand. She had medium stature, long hair with ringlets so tightly curled that they resembled a mass of coiled springs, covering her head. She looked pretty.
"Hello, Karan" she said.
I wondered how she knew my name.
"I am Diksha. Remember? Me and Abhishek?" she gave me hints about something.
"Oh! Hi, Diksha. I am so sorry I didn't recognize you. Actually, I am a little bit sleepy right now. Come in please" I said tapping the back of my head.
"Let me guess, Abhishek isn't awake yet" she said as I opened the door further for her to come in.
She stormed through and headed straight for Abhishek's room.
"Get up ass! We need to go!" I heard Diksha shouting and the next thing I saw was Abhishek being dragged out of his room, his eyes not opened yet.
"I am up! I am up! I will get dressed, just fuck off!" he shouted. Diksha let go of him and he walked into the bathroom.
"I better get dressed as well, what time are we leaving? I asked but Diksha looked puzzled.
"You are coming?"
"We have our fresher's party on Friday but I have nothing to wear, so Abhishek said I could go shopping with you. It's okay if you don't want me to go" I rambled but she just smiled.
"I didn't say I don't want you to come, I just didn't know, calm down. We are leaving in half an hour" she said and I just nodded and rushed into my room.
We drove to the nearest shopping mall in my car and made our way into first outlet.
"I like this one" Diksha said, holding up a black dress with glitter all down the left side.
"It's nice" Abhishek commented.
"I agree" I added.
I started to look for myself and when my eyes landed on the right suit, I rushed towards it.
A black coat with a red band on it's pocket paired with a red tie.
"This is so you Karan. Oh my god! Buy it" Diksha said and I laughed on expressions she gave.
I nodded and bought it straight away, loving it.
The rest of the day was spent shopping for more casual clothes. I bought three shirts, a white one, a pale orange and a black one.
There was something I learned about Diksha that day. She was easy going, fun loving and doesn't really care about much. I liked her.
We went back to our flat after having loads of fun at the mall and sharing loud laughs in the car. We rushed in the flat and I ordered pizzas. Diksha mindlessly put a romantic comedy in the DVD player and we all watched it together with half eaten pizzas on the table.