Chapter-12

....2 years later

I woke up and groaned at the fact that it was a Monday morning. I was just about to roll over when I realized that I had a date with Kriti. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was eight. I jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom where I showered faster than I ever thought I could. I wrapped a towel around me and ran back into my bedroom where I stood in front of the wardrobe and insulted all the clothes that I owned.
After 10 minutes of staring at my clothes, I decided on my blue denim and my black shirt which I bought a week ago.
I walked into the Starbucks to meet up with Kriti for a study date. We had upcoming final exams for our undergraduate degree in a few weeks and I needed to ace it up.
As I approached the building, I slowed down and opened the door, embracing the warmth of the inside as I left the cold morning air behind me. I looked around wildly and spotted her waiting for me. God, she was beautiful. From the way her long, wavy hair grew around her body down to her waist, to the way her dark brown eyes shined in the artificial light. I couldn't stop staring at her smooth skin. I just wanted to kiss those pink, plump lips.
Her cute nose scrunched up at the coffee she was holding. I loved when that happened, though nothing compared to her laugh.
"Well, well. I think it's Karan, my favorite boyfriend in the world" she joked as I sat on the chair in front of her.
"Shut up Kriti, I am your ONLY boyfriend in the world" I said as I couldn't help but smile.
She always tried to make stupid comments and made me smile and laugh. It was one of the things I loved about her.
"Hey, you shouldn't be mean to someone who's been waiting for over an hour" she said.
I looked at the time on my phone and realized I was an hour late. How did that happen? I immediately felt horrible for making her wait so long.
"I am so sorry I must have lost track of time" I said with an apologetic look on my face.
"Nah it's fine, don't worry about it. I know you didn't do it on purpose. We need to study now" she said.
"But the exams are not for 2 weeks" I complained.
"Which is why we're going over everything now, that way when we cram the days before, we already have a basic idea of everything" she assured me.
"You know what? We don't have to start studying today. Let's just hang out here and not focus on college" I said. I really didn't want to study.
I looked at her with the biggest smile that just made her melt. I knew we had to study but in a way, hanging out felt more right than that. She got up from her seat to order myself a coffee since she already had one waiting for me and I joined her to the counter. I asked if she wanted another but she said no.
We got to the front of the line and were face to face with a tall, black eyed guy. He had dirty brown hair and he had quaffed up the front so that it stood out from the rest of his physical features. I looked at him in confusion, my brows furrowed and he just stared at Kriti impatiently.
"So...are you here to order something or are you just here to stare at me and ask me out?" he asked.
Kriti laughed so loud that everyone went silent and stared her, including me. Her cheeks reddened in embarrassment.
"Haha, you are quite funny. No I am not here to ask you out, I have a boyfriend" she said pointing towards me while I gave him a look.
"Well anyway, can I get a grande pumpkin spice latte and a bottle of water?" I asked him.
"That'll be 467 rupees. Anything else?" he said with a grin on his face.
Kriti shook her head at him with a look of disgust indicating that she wanted nothing from him as I handed him the money.
"Look, I didn't mean to come off that way. I am sorry. Is there any way we can pretend this never happened?" he asked.
I wasn't sure whether to forgive him or not considering the things he said but I decided to forgive him at last.
"Sure, why not?" Kriti said with a warming smile on her face.
"I didn't like the way he was looking at you" I said as we walked back to our table, with drinks in my hand.
"Don't worry about him. He knows that I am all yours" she said, smiling and kissed me on cheek.