Chapter-10

We went early to the party so there weren't crowds swarming yet.
I had one drink but I was mainly there to babysit Abhishek. He wanted me to be his babysitter so he could be drunk and bring a girl home. He used to do this very frequently after his breakup with Diksha.
We had been there for 30 minutes now and people were piling in. I looked over and saw Nikita. She looked stunning. Her dress fit her so perfectly and she looked really tall in those heels. She was standing in the crowd looking here and there. I could seriously sense the uncomfortableness of the situation. She was not much of the party type. She was the kind who would rather be sitting at home watching movies and having small talk.
Abhishek dragged me to have a look on a girl she liked there and wanted to talk to. I approved the girl for him and looked back over to the spot where she was, tempted to ask her if she wanted to go back and just hangout. But she was gone.
Where? And more importantly with whom she could have gone with?
Suddenly someone tapped me from behind.
"Can I sit here?" a girl asked me.
"Sure" I replied.
"I am going to have my first swig of alcohol right here, right now and I want to know who I am doing it with" she giggled. To be honest, she looked pretty.
"Karan" I said.
"Can you please tell me what I should try as this is my first time?" she asked.
"Here...drink this" I gestured, handing her a shot of ginger vodka.
"What is it?" she asked.
"Just drink it" I half smiled.
"Let's dance" she said taking my hand.
We started to dance and I caught a glimpse of somebody being drug through the crowd by a guy. The girl being drug was clearly an intoxicated and helpless Nikita. My heart raced as I dodged through the crowd leaving that girl dancing on the floor.
He was walking out of the door with Nikita as I caught up.
"Get away from her" I yelled.
"Bro chill. We are just going back to my house. She is drunk" he countered back.
"Don't think that I don't know your sick tricks" I growled.
Nikita sat there not really knowing what to do. He took her hand again and attempted to escape the scene.
"I said get away from her" I yelled again. He just gave me a half-ass glance and continued walking. Nikita had to be hammered to not fight at all which enraged me even more because I know good and well she didn't drink by herself.
I grabbed her arm and yanked her away from him.
"Whatever" he called back. I was glad he gave up.
"Nikita, are you okay?" I panicked a little.
"I am fine, just tired" she slurred a little. I picked her up and she laid her head on my chest.
I unlocked the car and made her sit down in the passenger seat. I drove towards my place. She was sleeping and I wasn't going to wake her.
I laid her softly down on my bed and took off her heels. I covered her up with duvet that was on my bed.
I quickly called Kriti and explained the whole scene to her and asked her to call Nikita's mom and tell her that she would be staying at her place for a girl's night.
Thankfully, her mom believed Kriti and everything was in control.
I changed into sweatpants and took off my shirt. Every once in a while she shivered a little. She was cold.
***
I woke up in the morning, bleary-eyed and found myself on the couch in the living room. What had happened yesterday?
Then I remembered the party and groaned. I knew Nikita should not have gone, but well, it was over. It took me forever to fall asleep over the noise of Abhishek and the random chick he brought. But that chick left earlier. I saw Abhishek drinking coffee in the kitchen. He ran a hand through his hair and grinned at me.
"Hello" he said, his voice...flirty? He was happy.
"Uh...hi? Fun night?" I asked sarcastically.
"Could've had one yourself" he retorted, raising an eyebrow. I caught the movement and explained I him that I am not the one-night type.
"Your loss" he yawned.
"Is Nikita awake?" I asked him.
"Not yet" he replied.
Kriti rushed in the house, panicked.
"How is she now?" she asked us.
"She is fine. Still sleeping" Abhishek said and I nodded.
"Why did you take her to the party? You know she is not into that kind of parties" Kriti shouted.
"It's my fault. I forced her to come along. I am sorry" Abhishek said, feeling guilty for that.
"Take care about it from now please" Kriti said rolling her eyes and sat down beside me.
After an hour or so, Nikita came out of the room. We all talked about the party and she promised never to get drunk in her life ever again.
She made herself up and asked Kriti to drop her home and they left my place.