Chapter 1

It was an ordinary day at Wellston high. Recess has started and everyone was wandering around the hall.
John as usual is having a rough day at school. Even though he always looks forward to the recess. He never enjoys it. Part of a reason was that being a cripple everyone has got the privilege to mess with him whenever they feel like.
They know very well that John was practically the weakest student in the school and it makes all the reason for them to mess with him.

John hates everyone in the school except Seraphina, they are all selfish and self-centered jerks who have fun at others' expense.

Seraphina is the only reason he is able to control himself otherwise he would have reverted to his old self away to sooner. She is the only light he finds in this gloomy place and makes it less miserable.

The time she left for the suspension was the toughest for him. He has experienced all kinds of hell and the worst of it was experiencing another betrayal by Arlo who he thought considered him as a friend but then again it was all fake. After that experience he has trust issues with everyone.

People never really understood how he managed to become friends with the Queen of the school but he never cared for them to understand.
She is the only one who became friends with him and accepted him for who he was, while everyone treated him like trash.

But now even Seraphina is in danger. Ever since everyone came to know about her ability loss she became a prime target for everyone. They all want to defeat her in her powerless state to brag about defeating the goddess.
Those PATHETIC ATTENTION SEEKING LOW-LIVES!!!

He gritted his teeth in disgust.
If they think that they will get away from this unscathed then, they have another thing coming at them.

He will make sure to beat them the same way he had done to Zeke and the green-haired girl for hurting Seraphina.As for the rest of the bullies and their minions he will make sure to threaten them personally so that never in their wildest dreams they will ever think of doing this.
He will make sure to protect Seraphina even if it means risking his guise as a cripple, but as long as Seraphina is okay nothing else matters. If he is unable to protect her then he would be ashamed of himself and being her friend.

He made his way way towards the roof where he knew Seraphina will be waiting for him at their usual spot.

On the way he saw he noticed a  Gavin, beating someone.
He couldn't see the face but was sure that the person was a low tier.

Earlier he would've helped him but now he ignored the scene and quietly went towards the rooftop in another way

Earlier he would've helped him but now he ignored the scene and quietly went towards the rooftop in another way. He now doesn't want to get involved in this unnecessary fights.

He made sure to check whether the annoying brown-haired guy was present nearby or not.

That guy was a walking headache and the reason he never liked him was that he would always order him and Seraphina to move out of the rooftop as the area was only for the royals

That guy was a walking headache and the reason he never liked him was that he would always order him and Seraphina to move out of the rooftop as the area was only for the royals. What a hypocrite!

As if he was the one to talk, He is just another mid tier pretending to own that place in absence of the royals.
__________________________

John's Pov

By the time I reached the roof I decided to calm myself. I don't like to meet Sera with such an irritated face.

I opened the door and saw her sitting against the wall. She seemed to be engrossed in her game as she has not noticed me. I sat beside her enjoying the faint breeze fanning my face. This is the only area except for a library where I can relax in school.
I was waiting for her to finish the game Angry pigs so that we can talk.
After a few minutes she put her phone down and turned her face towards me.
"So how much did you score this time," I asked her.
She had a teasing glint in her eye as she showed her phone screen.

15000points!!

I was shocked.

"How did you manage to score that high. My high score is around 8800 only. You must have used your ability"-I bit my tongue and mentally slapped myself for blurting it out.

She looked annoyed at the mention of her ability. After she had lost her ability accepting it was really difficult for her so she is sensitive to that topic.

"Sorry about that "
"You sure took your time in coming here" she inquired.

"Well! Gavin was bullying someone on the path so I have to take another route to come here. I swear that he doesn't have anything better to do in life rather than bully others"
I noticed that she was looking upset.
"What' s wrong," I asked her.
"Nothing"
Of all the time I have spent with her  I knew when she lied.
"Sera if there's something bothering you then tell me"I insisted.
I was a bit concerned that someone might have hurt her again in my absence and she doesn't want to tell me.
Her eyes were covered by her bangs and she had bitten her lips as if she is resisting the urge to say something.
I placed my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Sera if something's bothering you. Then there is no need for you to hide it. You know that you can tell me anything"

Finally, she gave in and said

"You have changed a lot John".