Chapter 4

Blyke's Pov

John stood there silently for a few minutes thinking about how to answer me.

I have always been curious that why he slapped Remi when she was just trying to help him. Whenever I complained about the matter to Isen he would always seem to brush it off as if it's no big deal.

Isen is acting suspicious, I can feel it. During our encounters with John he would always seem to be intimidated by him for no particular reason.

Why would an elite-tier be afraid of a cripple I don't get it?
Moreover, he even was stalking John a month ago. I wonder if there's something special about John that he is hiding from me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when John began to speak.
"I didn't mean to hit her " he replies"It was by accident. "

I could easily tell that he was lying. He is avoiding my gaze.Seriously what's up with everyone hiding things from me. First, it was Remi, then Isen and now even John.

"Did you really expect me to believe that! !."I raised my voice in annoyance" I clearly saw you hitting her and on top of that you even called her a BITCH when she was only trying to help you. "I said angrily as I remembered that incident.

"Seriously what the hell is wrong with you!!".

"Stop acting like you have done nothing. "He seems to have lost his calm altogether. "Don't forget that you shot a laser at my face".

"Put yourself in my shoes."I said to him."If someone hit your best friend would you have let it slide"?

John suddenly stopped. He looked as if he wanted to say something but decides against it. He was thinking hard about something.

It's ironic how the friendly atmosphere a few minutes ago turned chaotic all of a sudden.
But to me, it's better this way. We would be able to clear all the misunderstandings between us.

I studied his face wondering what he will say. All of a sudden his expression darkened. Rage flamed in his eyes, he clenched his fists to suppress the anger he felt just now.

"I will break their fucking arms if they even try to lay a finger on her".

I don't know why but for some reason I was glad when he said this.
We do seem to have one thing in common, we both value our friends and would hurt anyone if they try to mess with them.

"You see John this was the reason I was pissed off with you. You never gave a proper justification for your actions."I tried to reason with him.

"Nor you apologized to her".

Even if he didn't say anything I could tell he felt guilty. His head was hung low and he has regret in his eyes.

"You are right."He said in a low voice"Sera would be so disappointed with me right now. Maybe I did deserve to have a laser shot on my face. "

He looked at me.

"So are we even now," he asked.

"I will call it even when you will apologize to her."

"Don't worry I will. The next time I meet her this is the first thing I am going to do."He promised.

He was surprised when he saw me extending my hand towards him.
"Let's start over. A clean slate, what do you say".

He looked like he was thinking about whether to accept my offer or not. Does he still don't trust me?

Finally he accepted it. We shook hands for a while. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

It was hard to ignore the person you are living with. Plus it will be a good opportunity to know each other.
But there was still something bothering me.

"John you still hadn't answered my question. "I said to him ad I helped him with the dishes.

"Blyke can you keep this between us," he asked me.

"Sure .what is it"I assured him.

"You see when your frie-"

"Remi" I reminded him.

"Alright. When Remi was helping me I was not in the right state of my mind. I was reminded of someone who was once my friend but has betrayed me."He explained while I listened attentively.

"I mistook Remi for that person. I don't know what came over me but I was blinded by anger so much that I wanted to hurt her for betraying me."

He said in a sad voice, reminiscing the painful memories of the past.
I put a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"So is that why you had trust issues with me and Isen on that day".
He nodded.

"I was a horrible person in the past. I had hurt so many people. Maybe I deserved that. "His voice was quaking as I saw him tremble.

"I didn't know when I became such a monster caring only for myself. I even hurt my friends. ".Tears formed in his eyes as he tried to look away from me.

I don't know what came over me, but I pulled him in a hug. It was the only thing I could to comfort him at that moment.

He was shocked but didn't say anything. He let out a sniffle as he buried his face on my neck.

"The past is in the past John it will only hurt if you dwell on it too much, "I said as I pat him in the back to soothe the pain he was feeling.

"Instead of mourning over something that can't be changed. Let's try to learn from the mistakes so that it won't be repeated again."

We stood there silently for a few minutes neither of us saying anything.

There are still so many things that I didn't understand about his past. But I don't want to force him to tell me about it.

When he has calmed down he was the first to break the silence.

"Thanks Blyke for hearing it out."He said as he looked at me."I feel a lot better now. "

"No problem. "I smiled at him."If it ever becomes overwhelming for you to handle it I will be more than willing to share your pain".I assured him.

To my surprise he let out a laugh. "Don't you find it weird, a week ago we couldn't handle each other. But look at us now becoming friends ."

Well he does have a point.
"Trust me You are not the only one who thought that. "

I looked at the time suddenly, realizing that if we don't leave now we will be late.
I signaled to him showing the time that we must leave now or else we will be late for class.
We quickly washed our hands and dashed towards the door.

'Even if it was frantic in the end. The day was still better than the others...'.

------------------------------------------------------
Finally it's done.

This chapter mainly dealt with the changes in John's and Blake's.

Instead of being suspicious of the others John decides to give friendship a chance.

The next chapter will
be out in a few days.

Thanks for reading.

Hope to see ya soon.