Chapter 3

Blyke's Pov

I opened my eyes on hearing the sound of the annoying alarm clock. I resisted the urge to blast that damn clock for disrupting my sleep as I reluctantly wake up.

Usually I don't use an alarm to wake up in the first place. But I started to ever since John became my roommate.

I use it to wake me up before John, so I can reach the bathroom early. John due to some unknown reasons spends an awfully long amount of time there.

And by the time my turn arrives, too much time would have already passed by then, due to which I often end up late for school.

Without wasting any time I quickly grabbed a towel and my school uniform, and dashed towards the bathroom.

I was shocked to see that John has beaten me to it again. Dammit how came he always wakes up so early in the morning.

I can't afford to become late again. Being a Jack of the school I have to maintain a certain decorum which I am failing to do these past few days.

Maybe I can take a shower in Isen's bathroom I just hope he doesn't mind.

I decided to visit Isen's dorm room when I heard the door click open. I was surprised to see John emerging from the bathroom.

He looked different today. His hair was not overly gelled maybe it was the reason why he hogs the bathroom for such a long time.

I have to admit it he really looked good this way. But enough of this I snapped out of my thoughts as I went in to take a shower. After I finished getting dressed up I emerged from the bathroom.

There was a delicious aroma of something cooking in the kitchen. I was curious to see what was cooking, so I went there.

To say I was surprised would have been an understatement I was literally shocked when I saw John making pancakes. I didn't know that he can cook, as he usually takes oatmeal for breakfast like me.

The pancakes looked so good that it made me hungry. I was jealous that he would be having pancakes today while I have to take an oatmeal-like usual. I had a sudden urge to ask him whether I can join him for breakfast but my pride decided against it.

I was thinking of having my breakfast in my room when I heard him call me.

“Blyke would you like to have breakfast with me?” John asked.

Wait a minute did I just hear it right. John is inviting me to breakfast today. That was totally unexpected. I mean we are hardly friends he has no reason to do that.

“Are you going to join or not?” he asked impatiently waiting for my answer.
Before I can say anything my stomach beat me to it, it growled.

I turned red in embarrassment as I saw him watching me with an amused expression.
“So is that a yes” he chuckled.

Unable to control my hunger any longer, I nodded and took a seat in front of him.

I was still in shock at John's unexpected act of kindness. After our horrible first encounter we never got along with each other. Ever since he slapped Remi I couldn't bring myself to like him. I wonder what made him act like this today. Does he want something from me?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw him serving me pancakes. I took a bite out of it in curiosity to see how much of a good cook he was.

It is so delicious I thought as I let out a satisfied hum. God when was the last time when I had eaten something as good as this. Within a minute I devoured the entire plate. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for a second serving.

He was amused at my eating speed as he prepared another for me.
“I never expected you to finish it so quickly” he said.

“I also never expected you to be so good at cooking” I admitted to him.

“You liked it” He asked genuinely surprised.

I nodded.

“Well! That's a relief” He said as he recalled something” It was my dad's recipe which I have been meaning to try out for such a long time. So I was kind of nervous about how it will be”.

I noticed that he have packed some pancakes in a lunch box.
“Are you going to have it for lunch?” I asked him.

“Those are for Sera” He replied.” I heard she likes pancakes, so I thought of making it for her”.

Oh! So that is why he has woken up so early. “You must really like her a lot, to have prepared her favorite dish so early in the morning.”

“Of course I like her” He replies
“She is the first friend I have made here.” He has a wistful expression on his face as if he was thinking about someone.

I was really impressed by his kind gesture.

If only I could do the same for Remi she would have been so happy. Her birthday is approaching nearby maybe I could throw a surprise party for her on that day.

I was thinking about her when I remembered something. I have always intended to ask it to John but never got the opportunity. Maybe now is the perfect time to ask him.

“John I have wanted to ask you something. “I said as I looked him in the eyes.

“What is it,” he says as he meets my gaze.

“Why did you slapped Remi in the first place”?
------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it.
This chapter focuses on the development of friendship between Blyke and John.

Both of them are similar in so many ways. I just want them to be friends with each other.

Any suggestions to improve will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Hope to see ya soon.