Chapter 15

Hi beautiful readers!
I hope you enjoy this chapter 😊♥️

3910 words

I grip the shower handle and squeeze my eyes shut. This warmth that envelops me is barely tainted by the cold water streaming down my back.

I make the water colder, but it is a waste of time, for the heat is springing from inside me and there's nothing I can do to stop it. The fullness of the moon demands it; the virgin state of my body despite the mark on my neck goes against nature, against the natural plan for mates.

If by the first full moon after marking, mates haven't mated yet, the female goes into heat. The pain drives her into the arms of her mate, of the male who won't be able to hold back any longer so great becomes his desire for her.
The fact I'm in this situation all because of Malachi angers me.
Slowly turning the water off and drying myself, I climb out of the shower and stare at my mark in the mirror.

When I first showed my friends, Gabby remarked upon how savage it looked, with a deep and jagged tear in my otherwise flawless skin. She commiserated that it must have hurt like crazy. She couldn't have been more right.
Luci on the other hand just smirked and asked why I didn't give it right back at him, marking the young Alpha in a passionate and intimate way. I told her to shut her foul mouth, nearly shoved her out the window, and wondered why oh why she couldn't be sympathetic with me for once? I was not going to mark a man I barely knew, but she couldn't seem to see the sense in being cautious.

Now, though it has healed to a pale white scar, the prominent mark is difficult to overlook. It is the reason why my skin is crawling with discomfort, my senses flushing with warmth and foreign desires.

Sighing and turning away from the dreadful source of my agony, I comb out my long hair and put on my lightest cotton clothing before heading down for dinner.
Mom notices my discomfort and rushes to my side, but I brush her off. In truth, I brought this upon myself and don't want to hear 'If you hadn't—' or 'If you'd only told us—' followed by a lecture. Listening to her wise sense which I know I deserve will only make me even more ashamed and pity myself.

As we sit up to eat, I can feel my parents eyes on me, but I try my hardest to act normal. It takes all my energy to keep my body still from the tremors that wrack through it. The pain is growing stronger, more desperate, but I focus on my parents' conversation.

"Chesca has a few concerns about the pregnancy, but I assured her everything was fine. I know sometimes a mother's intuition is important, so I told her to call me if she continues to feel this way. But I also have a feeling this little Alpha pup will be strong and very special," Mom says around mouthfuls of salad, and Dad nods.

"Kaiden seems to be rapt about his growing family, and said I could begin training Savannah soon. She's got the mindset of a warrior, but the temperament of a vixen. I can only hope she stops thinking about those rascals Justin and Cale long enough to focus on serious training. I'm afraid everything is either a joke or a competition between that lot," Dad mutters, stabbing his piece of steak with frustration.

"Oh Charles, don't be so dramatic. Remember what we were like at that age? Let them be kids. They'll know when the time comes to be serious. Responsibility will come soon enough; no need to rush them." Mom gives me a sympathetic look as she says this, and I know all too well what she is referring to.

I had never imagined that at only 18 I would be claimed by an Alpha. The painful reminder of his mark won't let me forget. It stings, it throbs, it aches, consuming my thoughts and sapping my strength. When I keep squirming in my chair, Dad growls.