Prologue

***

***

My life was going absolutely terrible up to this point. The war had ended and you'd think I would be happy about that, which I am, but not everything was working out that way I wanted it to. We lost a lot of good people during the war and it hurt me to look back on it, but it was all I could think about. My friends were dead and my boyfriend was dead too.

I had become really close to the Weasley twins so when I found out that Fred had died, I was devastated. He wasn't the only one we lost though. Remus and Tonks had died as well leaving their son, Teddy, to go into the care of Andromeda Tonks, who I had come to find out was a lovely woman. I would have taken him in, but the woman didn't think that I could handle it with everything that had happened. I had been a little upset by her reasoning, but I knew that she was right. We ended up losing Moody as well.

Then there was Ron... Ron and I were close friends, as well as Hermione and I. I had ended up developing a crush on Ron and we ended up getting together in our sixth year after he had broken up with Lavender. I loved him... A lot, but good things don't last forever. He ended up dying while I was going to my thought-to-be death, he was killed by a Death Eater.

I had ended up finding out from Hermione, who was also completely devastated by what happened. The person I thought I would be with forever was gone and I was foolish to believe that it could last. When the war ended, Hermione and I were each other's rocks. Hermione ended up getting together with George and I couldn't be happier for her. We ended up spending less time together because of it, but I didn't complain. She was happy and that's what mattered.

I would have nightmares about what happened during the war. I even had nightmares about what happened before it. Sirius dying, that night in the graveyard during my fourth year, Dumbledore dying, and, of course, when my parents died. Those nightmares never left me. No matter how much I wanted them to, they would never leave. They would always be haunting me wherever I go.

It had felt like my world had ended. Nothing was ever going to go right for me. I was never going to get back the days that I missed so much. First getting to Hogwarts, meeting Ron and Hermione, going on our little adventures... Those were the days I desperately wanted back, but that would never happen. I lost those days when the Triwizard Tournament came to Hogwarts and I ended up in the graveyard with Voldemort. Two champions came to that graveyard and only one came out.

I had decided that I needed to get away from Hogwarts, and England in general, so I packed my bags and moved to America. Hermione was sad to hear that I was leaving, but she supported my decision. Mrs. Weasley was very worried and told me to send her letters to tell her that I was alright. I agreed to and I told Hermione that I would send her letters as well. I sent letters to pretty much everyone I went to Hogwarts with. Hermione, George, Luna, Neville, etc.

I moved in with my cousins, Elena, Jeremy, and Jenna. We were cousins because Miranda and Jenna were cousins with my mom and Aunt Petunia. Miranda's and Jenna's parents moved them to America, but Mom and Aunt Petunia still visited them every once in awhile. I found out about them during my time at Hogwarts and sometimes in the summer, I would steal Uncle Vernon's and Aunt Petunia's credit cards to go see them. They were obviously very upset when I did, but they never hid their credit cards so I kept doing it. Any chance I could get to get out of there, I would take.

Miranda and Jenna were happy to see me, as well as Elena and Jeremy, but they ended up sending me back after about two weeks. I had even made friends with Caroline and Bonnie during my time there. I never told them about the way I lived at the Dursley's because I didn't want them to worry. When I did get back though, I was shoved into my room and locked in there for a few weeks up to a month. I was only fed with the leftovers they had.

Elena, Jenna, and Jeremy knew there was something going on with me. There would be times when I wouldn't want to come out of my room and I would walk downstairs in the morning with a pale face. I looked like I had seen something absolutely horrible, which I did. Miranda ended up dying with her husband, Grayson, so it distracted them a little bit from worrying about me. They had picked Elena up from a party and swerved off of Wickery Bridge. Elena was the only one to make it out alive.

I was upset about Miranda dying because she was like the mother I never got to have. She was constantly worrying about me and was always wanting to look out for me. Like Mrs. Weasley did a lot of the time. She also knew about my mother and I having magic. Miranda completely embraced the fact that I had magic and accepted me for it, unlike the Dursleys who called me a freak for having it. Jenna, Elena, Jeremy, and Grayson were the only ones who didn't know about my magic.

I always acted like I was okay and put a smile on my face like nothing bad had ever happened to me. I acted like life was going great and nothing could bring me down. But Elena and the others knew I wasn't fine. I had ended up telling them about Ron and a few others, but I didn't go into detail. I just said that they had died. I didn't mention anything about magic. They knew I was hurting and they wanted to help me. But I needed to move on... On my own. I liked having their help, but I needed to do this by myself.

 I liked having their help, but I needed to do this by myself