{12} Road Trip

***

***

"Yeah. I'm still here," I looked over to see Ron standing there. He didn't look at all happy. I was sitting across the small table we had in the tent from Hermione. We were just talking when Ron suddenly interrupted us. The mad look on his face made me worried, how much did he hear? "But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun."

I closed the book the I had in front of me. I turned to Ron with a slightly concerned look, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Wrong?" Ron asked, "Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway."

I looked at him with confusion, "What?" I shared a look with Hermione. I turned back to Ron, "Look, you know that you can just tell me, right?"

For some reason, Ron looked even angrier now, "Alright, I'll spit it out," His voice was harsh, "But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've got to find."

"I thought you knew what you signed up for," I didn't know what to think now. He was so willing to come before. What changed? Why was he acting like this, "I thought you wanted to help me with this."

"Yeah, I thought I did, too," Ron told me.

I stood up from the bench, "Well, I'm sorry, Ron, but I don't understand," I walked over to him so I could talk with him better, "Did you think that we were going to be staying in a five-star hotel? Not looking for a Horcrux every day?" I tried to understand this, but I think I was coming off a little harsh, "Did you think you would be back with your mom by Christmas?"

"I just thought after all this time, we would have actually achieved something," Ron didn't seem like he was holding back at all, "I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore would have told you something worthwhile. I thought you had a plan."

I shook my head in slight disbelief, "I told you everything that I know. Everything Dumbledore had told me," I let out a deep breath, "I mean, we found one Horcrux already." I gestured to the necklace hanging around his neck.

"Yeah, and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are finding the rest of them, aren't we?" Ron inquired.

Hermione took a step toward Ron, "Ron." She reached for the Horcrux, but Ron shoved her hands away.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "Ron!"

His harshness towards her only fazed Hermione slightly, "Please take the Horcrux off," She continued to try and get it off of him, "You wouldn't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day."