{18} Event Gone Wrong

***

***

I don't know why I was getting such a bad feeling from this, but I was. Elena had been trying to find her birth mother and ended up finding one of her birth mom's best friends from high school. We were currently standing at the woman's door, getting ready to knock. I could feel anxiety rising up in me as I glanced around the place for any possible traps. What worried me the most was that bad things always seemed to happen whenever I travel. I might just be paranoid, but at least I'm going to be prepared if something does happen.

Elena must have noticed me looking around the place because she asked me, "What are you so worried about?" I gave her a look at this question. It was one of those looks that were asking why she was even asking the question.

The question should be: why isn't she worried? Does she not remember the Georgia incident? I'm just being cautious. It's hard being the Chosen One. Bad things always seem to happen to you when all you want to do is get away from them. I moved countries because of this and it still didn't help. "I'm trying to make sure nothing bad happens. Something always seems to happen when we travel."

I didn't get an answer like I was expecting. Elena just seemed to nod before turning back to the door. I could tell that she was nervous. This was her one chance to find her birth mom. She raised her fist to knock but hesitated. I took her hand that was hanging by her side in mine for comfort. She gave me a thankful smile before finally knocking on the door.

Shaking her head, Elena started to turn and leave. The door opened which caused her to turn back around. A woman with curly blonde hair was standing in the doorway with a small smile on her face. I could see Elena was trying to push her nerves away. She hesitantly inquired, "Trudie? Tru-Trudie Peterson?"

The blond woman nodded slightly, "Yes?" Her voice was soft. I studied her closer to see if she might've been a threat or not. With my life, it's always good to make sure. A lot of the time people turn out to be someone they're not. The only thing I found was the worry and anxiousness in her eyes. I narrowed my eyes at this. Why was she so worried?

"Uh, my name is Elena Gilbert and this is my cousin Prim." Elena pointed to me.

I immediately wiped the suspicious look off of my face. I gave her a smile and waved a little at her, "Hi." If there was something up with her then I couldn't let her know that I know. I needed to make sure that she was me as someone who was oblivious to what she might be hiding... Whatever that may be.

"I wanted to talk to you about Isobel Flemming," Elena told her.

Trudie didn't give much away with her expression. She just seemed to smile a little more. Although, I could see her drip tighten on the door a little bit. Trudie looked Elena and me over once before saying, "Well, I haven't heard that name in years," Elena nodded a little bit in understanding. I could see a little bit of her hope vanishing. "How do you two know her?"