{11} The Mysterious Stranger

***

***

It was the morning and everything had calmed down a little. I hadn't heard a word from Bonnie, though, which worried me. I knew it was a lot to take in so I should just give her some space and let her contact me or Elena when she felt ready. I mean, of course, it would be hard and long to process. She just found out that vampires exist, Elena and I knew that they existed, and I was a witch.

I haven't seen either of the Salvatore brothers today which was a blessing for me. Stefan might act trustworthy, but so did everyone else in my life who screwed me over. I wasn't taking any chances... Giving chances is what destroys you in the end. The last time I saw either of them was last night when everything had gone down.

It was a new day and I didn't feel like thinking about last night. It would just get me too stressed out and it might trigger my PTSD, and I wasn't ready for that today. I was downstairs in the living room with Jenna. We were chatting about her encounter with Logan Fell last night.

That is until Elena came down the stairs and said, "Jeremy's got his sketch pad out." This made me freeze mid-sentence. He had his sketch pad out? The last time he even looked at it was before their parents died.

I looked at her in slight surprise, "Really?"

A small smile appeared on Jenna's face, "You're kidding?"

"Nope. But don't say a word. The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away." Elena said.

Jenna pointed at herself, "Psychology major. Check that," Elena checked her phone and sighed. "You and Stefan? Update?" Jenna walked over to the teen.

Elena buttoned up her jacket, "He knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands but it doesn't matter. He's leaving, moving away." I didn't want to do it now, but I let out a breath of relief. This made the women look over at me. I stopped and gave them a small smile. They turned their attention away from me. It was a good thing that he was leaving, he could take Damon with him which means that my family and I will be safe. 

Jenna, on the other hand, was worried about the girl, "Where is he going?" Did it matter? He, and all the destruction he brought with him (Yes, I mean Damon), would be far away from us which was the safest thing.

"I've stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." Elena told her. The three of us walked out of the front door. Elena closed it behind her.

I nodded, "I agree with you there. It's best to just leave it alone."

"Yours leaves, mine returns." Jenna took this as her opportunity to tell her about her encounter last night.