{6} Hidden Truths

***

***

I sat in my room, thinking about the conversation I heard earlier. It was shocking, but it proved that I was right about them. They were hiding something and almost everything I thought was confirmed. I just needed to find a way to keep my friends and cousins away from them. The vampires... The Salvatores.

I was walking up the stairs, with my food in hand, and down the hallway to my room. I suddenly heard Elena's door shutting and I looked up in its direction. I heard voices behind the door and I couldn't help myself. I slowly walked over, put my ear up to the door, and listened.

The first voice was a male voice that sounded very familiar. I listened closer and realized that it was Stefan, "I would never hurt you. You're safe with me." What was he on about?

I heard Elena breathing deeply. She said, "All those animal attacks, those people who died..."

"No. That was Damon!" I heard Stefan say. Damon... Was the one behind the animal attacks. Were my suspicions right? Was I really not being super paranoid?

"Damon?" Elena questioned.

"Yes. I don't drink human blood," Stefan assured Elena. So he was a vampire? I wasn't expecting him to be supernatural. I was expecting him to be hiding something, but not hiding being a vampire. I just couldn't catch a break, could I- Wait... If he's supernatural then does he know about me? "That's not how I choose to survive, but Damon does! I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena, do not tell anybody."

"How can you ask me that?" Elena asked.

"Because you knowing this is dangerous for so many reasons," Stefan's voice was panicked and worried, "You can hate me, but I need you to trust me."

Elena's voice was quiet, "Just go. Just go, please. Go. If you mean me no harm, then you'll go!"

"I never wanted this." Was the last thing I heard them say. I broke out of my shock when I heard someone opening the door. I quickly apparated to my room so I wouldn't be caught. It's a good thing Hermione wasn't here. She would've lectured me about how I shouldn't apparate somewhere that was literally a few feet away. But I didn't want to be caught. Thankfully, I wasn't splinched. I laid down on the bed with my head in my hands. What has Elena gotten herself into?

***

"Where is she?" Matt inquired when he walked inside the house. The 'she' he was looking for was his older sister, Vicki. From what Jeremy was telling me, Vicki had just shown up and started acting really weird. She suddenly started to feel sick and said something about hurting. That's when he came and got me then I called Matt.