{7} Past Horrors

***

***

I walked into Elena's room so I could get into her bathroom. I ended up leaving my hairbrush in there yesterday. My hair was a complete mess and there was no way I could go anywhere like this. I walked into the bathroom and straight into an argument between Elena and Jeremy. Elena was standing in front of the mirror and Jeremy was about to go into his room.

"You shouldn't skip school. If they find her, we'll know," Elena turned to him. I let out an inaudible sigh. I knew something like this was going to happen, "That's what cellphones are for."

"Yeah, your lips keep movin'. I don't know why." Jeremy closed his door behind him.

Elena turned to me with an annoyed expression, "Can you believe him?"

I shrugged, "I say let him," Elena's eyes widened, "I mean, wouldn't you do the same? If someone you really loved was missing, would you rather go to school or help look for them?" Elena said nothing, "Just... Think about it as if you were in his shoes." I've lived in those shoes for most of my life so it wasn't hard for me to imagine myself in his shoes. I grabbed the hairbrush that was on the sink and walked out of the bathroom.

***

It was now many hours later and it was dark outside. I was at the Halloween party at the school with Bonnie and Caroline. I didn't want to come. I wanted to stay at home. I didn't want to celebrate on my parents' death day. But here I was. I had a small smile on my face so no one would ask why I was frowning. My costume was a sexy witch. Trust me, I did not pick this costume. This was entirely Caroline's idea. She and Bonnie were also sexy witches. I did want to laugh at the coincidence, though.

Tyler walked over with only a cape and pants on. He had three drinks in his hand, "Cider for the ladies. It's a Lockwood special."

"No way. Last year I was hungover until Thanksgiving." Bonnie said.

I nodded, "Yeah. I don't feel like getting drunk."

Caroline reached out and took one of the drinks, "Lightweights. I am going to drink until someone is hot enough to make out with."

"Sounds like a plan," Tyler told her. They clinked glasses and started to drink. I let out a sigh knowing this was not going to go good. A drunk Caroline was not a good Caroline. I know this from experience.

I stood up straight and said, "And I am going to see if I can find Elena anywhere." I waved at Bonnie, telling her good luck dealing with Caroline. She was most definitely going to need it. I walked around for awhile, trying to find either of my cousins. So far, I couldn't find them.