In-sync

Louie didn't know what was happening, the last thing he remembered was him playing in the woods with Tyrone, and then going inside with Mary. As he thought about it, it didn't feel right, but those were his memories so it must have happened. He looked around and saw only the inky darkness of his surroundings. He groaned and reached around for a light switch, upon finding one he turned on the light. He looked around to find that he was in a small room with two beds, he was on one bed, Tyrone was on the other. Louie got up and walked over to Tyrone, shaking him awake. "Tyrone, hey, are you awake?" Tyrone shifted in bed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Turn the light off" he groaned.

Tyrone looked around, and broke into a panic. "NO! NO NO NO! WHY, WHAT, HOW?!" He screamed. Louie backed away shocked, "Tyrone are you ok?!" He asked. Tyrone leaped from the bed and held Louie up by his hoodie, "NO!! WE'RE HERE AGAIN!! I'M HERE AGAIN!! HOW DID I GET BACK?!" He screamed. Tyrone fell to the ground breathing heavily. Louie bent down, "dude, what's wrong?" He said in a calm voice. Tyrone looked up at Louie in disbelief, "This room, this house, her, I got away from it all, and I'm right back where I started!! Did I never leave?! I did leave because you're here! What is happening, why is this happing?!" Tyrone started crying. Louie hugged him as comfort, "It's ok, it's going to be ok." He said in a calming tone.

Just then, the door opened. "Good morning boys!" A cheerful Mary greeted. "Breakfast is ready, we'll all be waiting downstairs!" She added as she left. Tyrone looked up at Louie, "We need to escape this.. this hell hole". Louie and Tyrone slowly walked downstairs and into the dining room, only to cone face to face to Mary and 10 other bear cubs sitting at a table all smiling. Louie and Tyrone sat down at the table, Tyrone whispered in Louie's ear, "Don't eat anything she gives you. Trust me". Louie looked around as all the cubs ate, their arms moved in-sync, they chewed in-sync, nobody blinked once. Mary was looking at Louie and Tyrone, "Why don't you eat boys?" She asked. "I'm not that hungry" Louie replied, pushing his plate back. Mary frowned, as did the other cubs. "Is Tyrone rubbing off on you? He doesn't eat anything except for the berries he finds deep in the forest. Look at how weak and thin it's made him." Just then, all the cubs started laughing, all in-sync once more. Louie's stomach churned, it was unnerving. Tyrone hid his head in shame. Mary smiled widely, the corners of her mouth as far across her face as possible.

Louie grabbed Tyrone's arm and got up from the table, "Me and Tyrone are going to go play outside." Mary, wide smile quickly changed to an expression of anger, "NO, you won't! YoU wERe nOt eXCuSeD fROm tHe tAbLe!! AND I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD GO OUTSIDE!!" She yelled. Louie and Tyrone froze in fear, her voice kept getting more distorted and painfully louder. Mary stomped towards them and picked them up by the collar of Tyrone's shirt and Louie's hoodie, choking them. She marched up the stairs and through them back in the room. Louie and Tyrone both hit the wall with a thud and fell to the ground. Mary slammed the door and marched away. Louie and Tyrone could hear the in-sync laughter of the other cubs.

Louie tried getting up, but his body ached so much, and his lungs were trying to gather air. He just laid there on the floor panting. Tyrone sat up and looked at the ground with a depressed look on his face. He looked down at his arm and saw it hang limply, he couldn't move it.  He took a marker from a dresser drawer and marked a tally on the side of it. Louie finally got up and looked at the tally marks, "What are those for?" He asked. Tyrone responded, "Every time she's every broken one or more of my bones." Louie gasped, he counted the tally marks, 200. Tyrone managed to get up onto his bed and cried, "I-I made a promise to myself that I would escape, that I would leave this place before she made it to 200.." he choked. Louie sat next to him, "How could she do that to her own child?!" Tyrone's sobs got more intense, "That's the thing, the one thing I'm proud of, I'm not her son".