[ 0.1 ]

I wasn’t able to tell you but I liked you
Like a dream from the younger days, like a miracle
- rough, gfriend -

"cheonsa, please~" cheonsa's bestfriend never stopped bugging her as she pleads and asks her to order those stupid cookies from her as they are best friends and that's what best friends are for.

"no, woori. i don't want to buy him the cookie."

the student councils are offering surprise delivery cookies where they deliver cookies to people on valentine's day. all you have to do is order from one of the student councils and give the name of your loved one to them.

however cheonsa is too nervous to do that. she's too shy. it's not like her crush even knows her but she still fears that he might find out.

and she had to fall for the famous lee jeno who 500 other girls like, other than cheonsa herself. so what makes her so special? it would be useless. he'll eat the cookie and forget who the hell had given it to him.

"he doesn't have to know that it's you." woori said. hoping that it would make her best friend change her mind. "fine, i'll buy it." cheonsa sighs.

"but for you. i don't wanna buy it for jeno." she says as she starts walking faster to the crowded cafeteria.

there he is at his usual spot with his friends. jeno, jaemin, renjun, haechan and jisung. just by looking at the boy, cheonsa's heart was alreasy beating so fast.

lee jeno. lee jeno. lee jeno. lee jeno. lee cheonsa.

she shook her head. was she thinking of having a life with the boy? pft, as if he would want that.

cheonsa feels a sudden tap on her left shoulder so she turns around to see her other friend right behind her. "hi, chenle." she greeted the chinese. the boy smiles and waves at her.

"let's have a seat, cheonsa." he said. the girl nods as she follows chenle to a clear table that could hardly see jeno now. she pouts alone.

"are you thinking of eye smile?" chenle asks. the girl looked at him and nod. he frowns as he takes a bite from his food. "i don't understand." he started talking even though his mouth was still chewing.

"you like him, the teachers like him, some other girls like him, kylie jenner likes him. everyone likes him. is he that good?" he turns around to look at whatever cheonsa was looking at. he squints his eyes as if that could help him to have a better view of the oh so charming lee jeno. he turns back to face his friend.

"but out of all the people that likes him, i think you look the best with him." he says. cheonsa chuckles upon his words as he looked down to her feet. "you just say that to make me feel better." she gives a sad smile.

"it's fine, chenle. you don't really have to do that. i know my place. a million miles away from him. that's why i'm here with you."

despite saying all of that, cheonsa's eyes were still on the boys' table. she sees jaemin hugging jeno's arm as haechan throws food to him. she smiles at the sight of them playing around.

"cute." she thought. "what is?" chenle asked. "them. i mean all of them. their friendship. it's cute." cheonsa smiled while chenle scoffed. "they look like a bunch of gays."

cheonsa slaps her friend's arm. "hey! that's not nice. we shouldn't assume anyone's sexuality. what if they really are gay? you make it sound like it's a bad thing."

"ouw! okay, calm down! whatever you say." the chinese rolls his eyes. he just said one simple sentence and she's already blabbering like a grandmother.

🍒🍓🍉

it's finally valentine. most are excited for this day but not cheonsa. for the girl, it's just another day that will pass by just normally.

"the school is extra pink today." the girl says, looking around at all the decorations. the pink ribbons, hearts and flowers. good thing they were fake because she's elergic to pollen.

"ofcourse it is. it's valentine." chenle replies with a duhh tone that made cheonsa annoyed.

"where's your valentine?" she asks her bestfriend. "i don't need those. i only need my bed and my games." he grins. the girl giggles next to him. "i'd like to join. just for today."

"really?" his eyes sparkles. "yeah. woori is busy today." and suddenly all those sparks disappear. "so i'm your second choice?"

the girl displays a playful smirk and points out her tongue. she quickly runs after that as chenle chases after.

"you little bitch! come here!" the two run around the school halls while laughing and giggling.

until the shorter bumps into someone. "sorry.." she quietly said.

the male in front of her just smiles, showing off his infamous eyesmile. "it's fine, angel. be careful next time." he said and soon leaves with his smile still plastered on his face.

even after jeno left, the girl was still there in the middle of the crowded halls with chenle behind her. "hello~ earth to cheonsa!"

"he called me angel." the brunette said.

"what?"

cheonsa covers her mouth as she smiles excitedly. "he called me angel."

"stop overreacting, angel. everyone calls you that. your name literally means angel."

"the lee jeno called me angel! i'm so happy!" cheonsa jumps in her spot. her heart was beating rapid fast and her face was flushed in pinkish red. not enough with the jumping, she twirls around oh so lovingly as she takes her way to her class.

"why did i chose her as my best friend?" chenle shakes his head.