16- Turning A Corner

"Wait! Wait! I have to pee!"

Dianne moved out of Joe's way, watching from under the stream of water as his wet feet padded across the bathroom floor. She laughed as she watched him try and move his legs to hover over the toilet.

"Nope. Hang on."

He sat down. Dianne poked her head out from behind the glass screen.

"Are you taking a shit? Mate, I know we're just friends but still..."

Joe stared at her. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to pee with a hard on?"

Dianne rolled her eyes. "No. No I do not."

"It's difficult, alright? The angles are all wrong."

She laughed and went back into the shower, standing under the hot water to keep herself warm.

After a couple of minutes, Joe walked back over to her and leaned in for a kiss. She held her hand to his chest.

"Wash your hands, please. Here." She poured a small measure of soap into his hands and watch as he scrubbed.

"Better?"

Dianne nodded. "Better."

"Good. Now, where were we?"

///

Once we had finished our shower, Joe left me to clean up and went to grab some clothes.

"I think this is your bra..." He threw it across the room. "If it's not, I have no idea where it came from."

I checked the label. It was definitely mine.

"Nah, you're good. It's mine. Did you bring me anything else to wear, or just this?"

Joe handed me a pile of clothes and left the room.

I finished drying off and put on the top he had obviously kept and washed for me. It smelled like Joe's house. I kind of loved it.

"Joe?" I called out, realizing that he hadn't left me any trousers.

He didn't answer, so I pulled on the underwear he had left and walked out of the bathroom.

"Joe?"

Thinking he must have gone downstairs, I walked down and into the kitchen. Finding him at the breakfast bar, hunched over his phone with his pink hoodie on and the hood pulled up, I leaned closer and ran my hand over his back.

"Joe, did I leave a pair of leggings down here?"

"Di?"

Joe was stood in the doorway, wide-eyed and red-faced.

"Oh. Oh hey." Oh shit. "Sorry, Byron."

Joe's roommate turned around, grinning. "I should have known you two would finally have got your shit together while I was away. Good for you both."

He walked away, patting Joe on the shoulder.

I felt a million thoughts run around in my brain. How could I mistake Joe and Bryon? How could I have not noticed? Was I not listening when Joe replied? I do that sometimes. I'm so stupid. I'm so, so...

"Di. It's fine. I'll talk to him."

Joe's hand on my shoulder gave me some reassurance. "He would have found out sooner or later."

I gulped, still feeling guilty that my mistake had burst the bubble we had been living in.

"I... I should go," I said quietly. "I'll just grab my bag."