35- Junction

"Good morning, my handsome ballroom boy".

Joe smiled. "Morning. You're cheerful!"

"I am." Dianne stood up, pulling her hair into a ponytail. "Today is going to be a good day."

Joe pulled himself up into a sitting position, propped on his pillow. "I mean, I'm supposed to be focusing on the dancing. Can you... put some clothes on?"

Dianne looked down at her naked body and giggled. "Am I distracting you?" She ran her hands down her sides, before moving up to her chest and pressing her breasts together.

Joe gulped.

"How about now?"

He looked up to see her rubbing her hands back from her breasts up to her neck, her eyes closed and her head rolling.

He squeezed his eyes closed. "Stop it. You're not helping! I'm trying to go over the choreography in my head, but now all I can think about is you."

Dianne winked, before bending over to grab some clean clothes from her case. Joe groaned and leaned his head back into his pillow.

"You're going to kill me, woman".

Dianne stood up, pulling on her underwear. She giggled. "I wasn't even trying that time. I'll take it as a compliment."

"Chuck me some pants, please. I should probably get up."

Dianne moved over to Joe's case, picking out some clean underpants, and launched them at his head.

"I didn't mean it literally" Joe said with a smile, peeling his pants off his head. "But thank you."

Dianne adjusted the straps on her sports bra and smiled. "You're very welcome."

///

"You know, what you said yesterday was so right." Joe was ready to go, his bag on his back and his suitcase by his feet.

"What did I say?" Dianne sat on the bed to pull on her shoes.

Joe smiled. "You said that this is just the end of one chapter. Like it's the end, but it's not."

Dianne smiled. "I'm so smart."

Joe walked over to her and kissed her lips sweetly. "Yes you are. You're smart. You're talented. You're amazing. And I'm so proud to call you my girlfriend."

Dianne's eyes widened.

"What?" Joe stepped back.

She shook her head. "It's just... that's the first time you've called me your girlfriend out loud."

"Is it?" Joe watched as Dianne nodded. "I say it all the time in my head. And it's what I say to other people when I talk about you. I... I guess I hadn't realised I'd never said it."

"Other people?" Dianne stood up and held Joe's hands. "What sort of things have you been saying about me?"

Joe shrugged. "Nothing much. Mainly just making the lads jealous. And them teasing me because it's so obvious how hard I've fallen for you."

Dianne stood on her tiptoes and pressed her lips gently to Joe's cheek. "You're so cute. Come on, let's get this show on the road." She smiled and captured his lips quickly with her own. "Boyfriend."

///

I couldn't believe it was finally here.

My first final.

An opportunity to do an epic show dance.

Best of all, I was going to do it all with Joe.

Before the show began, I took a moment to pause and reflect. I knew once I got out there that everything would get a little crazy and I wouldn't get another chance.