27- Snap

The pressure between us mounted.

Our lips crashed bruisingly hard, teeth scraping at swollen lips, hands and nails grasping at one another.

I pulled away and opened my eyes. Joe stared back at me, panting.

Neither of us spoke, but the looks between us communicated everything we needed to stay.

What are we doing?

I don't know.

Please don't stop.

Please. I need you.

We crashed back together, lips entwined.

Joe's hands travelled down to my hips as he pressed me against the shelves that stood against the wall. I let out a moan as his lips attacked my neck. I stroked his shoulders, grinding my centre against his. Joe growled, a sound I had never heard him make before, as my hand reached down and into his trousers.

Neither of us could fight the urge any longer. I turned myself away from him, holding onto the edge of the shelf as he roughly rolled my trousers down to my thighs and pulled my underwear to the side.

"Fuck. Ah, Joe. Shit. Yes!"

I leaned my head back, so we could kiss, my grip on the shelving unit tightening with every thrust.

"Ah, ah! Oh fuck! Dianne!"

///

As soon as it was over, I felt dread growing in the pit of my stomach.

I hadn't expected any of this to happen. I was annoyed. With myself.

For so long, I had tried to convince myself that I was more than just my body. And, here I was, half-naked in a cupboard having sex instead of a conversation.

I pulled my clothes back on and wiped my mouth on my sleeve as I walked of the cupboard and into the studio.

I had no idea what to say to Joe. I could barely make eye contact with him; I was so ashamed of my actions. Of course, he had a part to play in all of this, but I was so angry with myself for giving in to stupid urges instead of being an adult and talking about my problems.

Knowing Joe's eyes were on me, I picked up my bag and walked out of the studio, letting the door slam closed.

///

Joe was confused.

It was clear from what had happened that the attraction between them was still as powerful as it had been. And the connection they had was unlike anything he had experienced before. But she had gone. Without an explanation.

Joe made his way home with his head bowed, trying not to re-play the events of their afternoon.

He arrived back to find Stacey stood outside the front door to his building, her phone in her hand.

"Hey. I was just about to call you. I brought your case."

Joe smiled. "Thank you. Do... do you want to come up?"

Stacey nodded. "I'm dying for a cup of tea. So, yeah, that would be nice."

Once they got into his apartment, Joe made a quick brew and handed a steaming mug to his friend. She took it with a smile, looked him in the eye and asked "how was today?"

Joe swallowed. "Erm... it was alright. A bit awkward, but the routine should be OK. We had a choreographer which helped because we didn't have to speak much."