Sleeping Warrior

The train ride through Romania's countryside didn't hold peacefulness for the hunters. Anton was in his home country, but he wasn't pleased that he has come back in this situation. "Who knows, we might be waking up goddam Dracula," James rolled his eyes.

Zahra sat up, "Shut up, we don't have much options." Emi nodded along.

"Bloodyhell, my plan is to kill the leech so it will minus a powerful vampire that we have to take care of," John said standing up from his seat.

"Sit down your dumbass, I hate this as much as you do," Anton said frowning. He dug into his backpack for a little bottle of vodka.

"She could be the solution," Emi said, displaying the cover of her book.

"But it's in Italian, I can't read that," James frowned.

Emi sighed. "Yes I forgot. This book is giving information on the Stregon Benefic. Let me translate for you what some of the information is."

The others leaned in closer to listen, but John just sat down and continued to mutter to himself some unpleasant words.

"The book says the Stregon Benefic are often referred to as the 'good' vampire and seen as a threat to other vampires. Human blood or vampire blood can satisfy them. Their known weakness is to sunlight. Other weaknesses are unknown," Emi said, Emi bit her lip thinking, "A normal vampire's weaknesses are sunlight, garlic, stakes, holy water, etc., but the Stregon Benefic weaknesses are unknown except sunlight."

Anton objected saying, "So we might be unleashing something that could be evil or good into this world. What if she doesn't want to help us--or worse--kills us?"

Anton took the book from Emi and started to flip through pages. "Aha!" he pointed to a page, reading.

"Also known can as darkness overcomes."

James made a weird expression. "What's that supposed to mean? Apocolypse?" he asked.

Anton nodded. Emi shook her head. She took the book from him.

..........................................................

The hunters sat outside a cozy little cottage, waiting for Anton. He had a friend who has weapons to fight vampires, which they needed since they couldn't take any of theirs on the plane.

"How long the bastard will he take?" John said kicking a couple of pebbles on the ground.

Emi and Zahra bundled together because after all, snowfall, and the wind wasn't pleasant.

"Hey ladies, mind if I join?" James asked Emi and Zahra. He winked at Zahra.

"No dumbass, go cuddle with John--looks like he needs a hug, too," Zahra said grinning.

James scratched his head and looked over at John who was too busy lighting a cigarette to listen. James chuckled, which caught his attention. "Fuck you," John uttered puffing out a cloud of smoke.

Without hesitation, James flipped him off. It caused a few laughs. Anton came out of the cottage--he carried a duffel bag--and threw the bag on the ground. John was the first to open the bag. He smiled.

..........................................................

The five hunters slowly made their way down a snowy slope. "Are you sure you know where this map is going?" Zahra asked Anton.

"Yes..." he didn't bother to look back at her.

"Sure dumbass, lead us middle of nowhere, get us lost so we can freeze to death," John grumbled.

Anton turned around. His face was bright red. He pushed James out of the way, who was shocked. He threw a punch at John, which took him by surprise, but he hooked Anton in the cheek.

"Stop it, you two!" Zahra screamed, pushing herself between them. Immediately Anton and John stopped. An apology came out of Anton. John began to fuss and it started again, but Zahra was one step ahead. She swung her leg into Anton's groin, then into John's. They fell to their knees, covering their crotches.

"Grow some reall balls, boys," Zahra said snatching the map from Anton. She went up to the front of the hunters, leading the way. James watched her with interest.

"What a woman," James smiled. Zahra led them down the slope and into the woods.

"It should be over these bushes," Zahra said pointing. Over the bushes were castle ruins.

"Wow..." Emi said looking at the ruins. She was a big nerd for medieval times, especially castles. She looked up at the sky. It was a purplish pink sky. She swallowed a lump in her throat.

"Look for something hollow, something that can be an entrance."

Anton caught up to Zahra. He gave her a sorry look. She sighed and nodded her head. The hunters began to look for an entrance to get under the castle. Once it became fully dark, they used flashlights. After 45 minutes, they found nothing.

"Are you sure that Forla didn't send us on a goosehunt?" asked Emi.

Zahra sighed, "Let's set up camp." She took off her backpack.

....................................................................

The five hunters sat around a fire. "This was a waste of time," John frowned and took a smoke from his cigarette. James continued to try to flirt with Zahra. Emi enjoyed a book. Anton finished his bottle of vodka. He got up and walked away from camp to empty his bladder.

Within a minute, James yelled over to the other hunters, "Come here!" The other hunters came running to find Anton zipping up his pants.

"Look at the ground!" Anton pointed. The hunters looked disgusted.

"I don't want to look at your piss," James sighed.

"No, look!" Anton said, stomping the ground, making a hollow sound. The piss was dripping down a hole.

"I can't believe it," Emi said and kicked to move some snow out of the way. She revealed a wooden trap door. Zahra picked up the trap door. She saw stairs going down.

"Anton, since your piss helped us, you go first. The sentence I never thought I would have to say..." Zahra said gesturing to Anton. He sighed and stepped down. He made his way down the stairs; the rest followed. Anton reached a corridor, which had a big wooden door on the far side. He waited until all the hunters caught up to him before continuing.

Instantly torches lit up. Emi and Anton jumped, but they recovered. It took three of the hunters to open the door. John walked through the door first. Inside was a giant open room, almost like a throne room, but in the middle was a stone coffin.

"Holy shit," Emi muttered. The hunters looked amongst themselves and began to move forward, to the coffin.