Unhealed Scars

"Stake me, bloody cowards," John screamed, the hunters looked so scared, not knowing what to do. A tear slid down Zahra face, she took out her stake,

"Don't! He has minutes but I can help" Lila sat down beside him, the hunters looked at her desperately.

" I am not coming a vampire! leech" John cried, Lila shook her head. Emi looked over at John, her face was full of guilt,all the hunters felt that, they were going to lose a friend. John was an asshole but he was their friend.

"Do it!" James eyes were full of tears, it was directed to Lila, she nodded her head, Anton was over her shoulder watching.

"Very well" she bit her wrist,blood oozed out of her wound, John began to fuss, fear was in his eyes.

"No! You lost your minds" John screamed , Lila put her wrist up to his mouth, he was about to push it away, Anton stopped him"you're asshole, she is helping you" he told John, Lila gave Anton a thankful look,

"Drink... It will get rid of the strigoii's venom" she put her wrist up to John's mouth, he started to drink the blood. His eyes widen then relaxed, life was coming back to his face, the hunters watched bewildered.

"Stop" Lila whispered in John ear, he stopped and took a gasped of air,James and Zahra help him sit up, John look over at Lila,

"Thank you , Lila" John grin at her, it was the first time that he called her by her name.

"Now let's you get you back to the hotel so you can rest" Emi smiled slightly  The hunters helped him unto his feet, Anton offered his hand to Lila, who took it lifting her up to her feet, her wrist healed.

"Bloody hell I am going to get something to eat first" John cursed which caused a few laughs of the hunters. Something changed that night ,the hunters and Lila, they respected her as a person .

...................................

"Wow I never been on a plane before" Lila  tried to look through the blind, which was protecting her from the sun, Anton had a seat next to her, watching her with a smile.

The other hunters were on the other side of the plane, John's neck was bandaged , he was reading a magazine. The plane was heading to America.

"Lila,can you tell me who is Victor,? I know he is your creator and all " Anton asked her, she eyes immediately darkened and she looked away from him,

"I'm sorry for asking" Anton eyes saddened and took out a book from his carry on , the title " Autumn's Sage" he went on to reading it, it caught her Attention, a sad smile formed on Lila lips.

"Would you like to read it?" Anton caught her staring, she hesitated then shook her head,

"When I was a child, my father used to read me that book, and I used to read it to....... Other mind" she quickly snapped, she looked the other way.

"Lila, I'm sorry if I am making you upset" Anton apologized, Lila shook her head,

"No, no . It's not your fault, it just I am not used being up during the daytime" she force herself to smile. Anton saw that she was hiding something,Anton reached over placing his palm on to hers, he was trying to say something but he stuttered,but was interupted.

"Folks! We landed in sunny Georgia" the pilot said over the intercom, Lila distance herself from him.

" Let's hope the gate is covered" Emi walked over to Lila and Anton, Lila got up from her seat,

" could I get sunscreen?" She asked her,

"I'm we have to wait a bit but I can get it to you before we get our rental car, don't worry it asked for tinted windows" Emi smiled and walked away, leaving Lila with Anton alone....