Masquerade

"Tie  it and hang yourself" John grumpled walking past Anton who was adjusting his tie in the mirror,James just lied on bed, all the men wore a tux,

"What's your fucking issue?" Anton turn around, John had went outside to take a smoke. Anton looked over at James, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well look at us!" Zahra open the bathroom door, she worn a beautiful yellow gown, Emi followed along with a emerald evening dress with jewels, at last came Lila, she worn a black velvet dress. Anton eyes widened but couldn't say a word,

"Yasss Queen!" James stood up hyping Zahra up, Zahra face lit up. Emi sat down on the bed, looking unamused.

"Don't you look dashing" Lila smiled and fixed Anton's tie. Tonight one of The Vampire's council member is throwing a Masquerade ball.

"Where is John?" Zahra asked ,  glaring at Anton and James,

"His head far up his ass" Anton frowned, James chuckled,"that too,but he's out for a smoke" Zahra rolled her eyes after hearing that, thinking he probably smoking his lungs out.

"Let me see if he's okay" Lila looked concern, Anton's face turned a little red. Lila walked away , she went out the door. There was John leaning against the wall, he dropped his cigarette once he saw Lila and stomped on it,

"I didn't see you there" He coughed out some smoke, she frown and studied him,"You are upset, I noticed you are smoking more" she sighed.

"No fucking way, I just like to smoke" he licked his lips, Lila laughed," my husband used to say the same thing, you know that I am not stupid" Lila crossed her arms ,

"you are married?" John asked shocked."No , I mean I'll used to be, I had a human life once" Lila sighed,

" You need  to not let things bother you, is that the reason why you are an asshole ?" Lila smiled , John chuckled and shook his head.

" Well don't smoke too much, you want to live a happy healthy life.... come inside, I think Zahra will get us the details of tonight's mission" Lila held out her hand, John smiled  and took her hand.

...................................

The masquerade was held at a big plantation, it had so much beauty but hidden itself it's horrible history.

"This place held my enslaved ancestors,they tortured them here, only about two and a half centuries ago" a tear slid down Zahra face. James tried to cheer her up but it wasn't working. The five hunters and Lila walked down a dirt driveway, following other guests, the driveway was lit up by torches. The hunters put their masks on as they got closer to the entrance. Anton wrapped his arm around Lila's .

"Who are you?" A bodyguard stood at the entrance, Lila took a step forward," Do you really need to ask that? These five humans are with me, they are for the feast" Lila lengthened her fangs and hissed at him, The bodyguard sighed and let them pass. The hunters were quite frighten that they are going to a ballroom of vampires and their food.

There was a string quartet playing , in the corner. There was crowds of vampire and humans mingling out the outskirts of the room while the middle was for dancing. The plan was to get Lila alone with Alonzo Donnell, a council member to get more information on Oscar Snow's plan, this is his plantation.

The hunters broke up into pairs, John And Emi, Zahra and James, Anton had to stay near the other hunters, Lila had to be alone to attract Alonzo.

Zahra and James went to over to the corner near the string quartet to hear the couple mingling anything important. John ditched Emi to go find alcohol.

"Men" Emi rolled her eyes, as she walked away to find Anton. Anton was trying to keep his distance from Lila but he watched her as she moved through the crowd. He wished he could dance with her.

Lila took a drink from a waiter making his way through the crowd, it was a thick red liquid,it was blood. She tried to make herself look open but she didn't know whart did Alonzo looked like.

"What a beauty like you all alone?" A vampire with gray shoulder length hair asked, he had a southern accent, walked up to her, Lila smiled seductively,"isn't nowadays there have to be a strong woman" She held up her hand, the vampire lean down and kissed it," I like strong woman" he smiled,

"What's your name? I'm Violet" Lila grin, she wanted to make sure this is him so they doesn't waste time on a vampire that's not her target," beautiful, you can call me Alonzo" he smiled,

"Dance with me, violet" he offer his hand , Lila took it.

Anton seen Lila dancing with a man,  he also noticed That John ditched Emi, she couldn't be alone. He went around looking for her. Anton looked around,after five minutes he was about to give  up , then he saw Emi, she was pulling a woman through the crowd , she went through a door. Emi was giggling. walked inside shutting the door behind them. Anton tried to keep up with them. Anton open the door following where they went. 

"What the hell?" Anton eyes widened, he saw Emi leaning against the wall, she was making out with the woman. Emi stopped and looked over at Anton,

" you have issues with it?" Emi frowned, the woman looked confused,

"No, no I don't. I just didn't know you were lesbian" Anton face turn red because he was embrassed.

"We need to go,Lila found him" Anton sighed, Emi nodded,"call me" she mouthed it to the other woman, she walked away with Anton.

...................................

"Hmmm, Take that dress off I want to see that beautiful body of yours" Alonzo poured her and himself a glass of whiskey. They were in his private study, Lila was internally screaming but she put that aside.

"Maybe, you got to make me" Lila winked at him , she took a sip of the drink, it tasted weird fo her but she ignored it. He chuckled, Alonzo grabbed Lila waist and pulled her closer, forcing himself on her, he groped her. Lila had to stop herself from pushing herself off of him ,"tell me something" she whispered in his ear.

"I know your scent, Lila" he grabbed her tightly, in his hand was a stake pointing in her back.