weary

10:48 pm

10:48 pm

l.c.y.

"We're done for today," our dance instructor yells, rubbing the bridge of his nose while the rest of us stumble to the back of the practice room to grab out items. "And please, practice on your own. There are a few of us in here who need much more improvement in order to continue on here,"

There are only a few weak responses, all of us practically half asleep already.

I stifle a yawn capping my water bottle before grabbing my phone to check the time.

          10:51 pm

Huh. I guess I can catch some more sleep today.

"Chanyoung. Come here for a second,"

I freeze.

What did I do wrong today?

I slowly turn to face are dance instructor with another one of those fake, plastic smiles I'm apparently so good at.

"Yes?"

He lowers his hand from his face, looking at me with wary eyes. The smile on my face fades away. Judging by what his expression says, what my instructor is about to tell me is not going to be good.

"Chanyoung. I hate to say it but you need to practice more," he begins.

Even though I already expected it, the words still manage to sting every time. My teeth grind in frustration.

I am practicing. I really am trying my hardest.

It's what I want to scream to him everyday.