aspirant

5:22 am

5:22 am

l.c.y.

Pain.

It's the only thing I can feel as I lift a hand towards my throbbing head.

Gasping in my own sweat, I hiss, full of pain as I touch my scalp tenderly.

          Where am I now?

As my vision slowly clears, a rush of relief showers over me.

I'm back in the dorms. Back with the rest of the trainees.

"Chanyoung? Oh my gosh are you ok?" A girl rushes out from the bathroom, toothbrush still in hand as she stumbles her way over to my side.

What was her name again? I can't really remember. . . 

"Ah. . . I think I'm fine," I smile with embarrassment, the sting slowly dying away. "Just a nightmare . . . I just woke up. May have accidentally sat up too fast and bashed my head against the top bunk,"

"Oh. . ." the girl realizes, the previous concern in her eyes dying down. She inserts her toothbrush back in her mouth before turning back towards the washroom. "Well, I hope there's nothing wrong. But hey, now that you're up, do you want to head down to the practice room early with me?"

Huh? My alarm hasn't rung yet?

I grab my phone, unplugging it from its charger overnight, checking the time.

          5:24 am

Still 30 more minutes until I'm supposed to be up.

It's only now that it settles in that everyone else is still asleep.