emphasis

4:21 pm

4:21 pm

l.c.y.

"Good job today. Just remember, you shouldn't strain your throat when you start heading towards the high notes. Sing from here," My vocal instructor gestures towards her lower stomach. I nod, zipping up my jacket before thanking her and stepping out of the room.

I felt dead for most of the morning, sulking around in our dorm room. There was no possible way I could sleep.

I found myself reviewing the choreography myself, despite how little space I had to do it.

But even with nobody there to watch me, it felt just as stressful.

The compressed and limited area left my clumsy self bumping into and knocking over random objects. A particularly hard hit to my right hand from the headboard of a bed left me with a wallowing bruise.

As I walk down the hall, I find my left hand instinctively start to cradle my right, its fingers wrapping around it tenderly. I only spare a glance down as my eyes advert back up.

It wasn't obvious. I could most likely hide the bruise forming there long enough for it to heal.

It feels wrong.

But it feels good. . . to be praised by someone after failing my own expectations.

I rush to the practice room, planning to regain lost time from this morning. Hopefully, Yuri's extra help will help me show improvement.

It was already a little later than usual because I stayed back with my vocal instructor to get some extra tips.

By the time I get to the room, a quarter of all the girls are already there.

Eyes fall on me; that awkward thing that happens when someone steps into a room that was originally already settled.

But only for a second.

Everyone's good at hiding their glances and holding back their whispers before they can be released.

During practice, our instructor circles around all of us, brow furrowing as he reaches the back row. But he doesn't say much today.