An Alpha's Alpha Plot Summary

If you haven't read An Alpha's Alpha, do not worry...you'll find the plot summary below ;)

An Alpha's Alpha.

Cassidy Alma, Alpha of the Rootbridge pack, grew up under the rule of Alpha Harrison, who sought blood, violence and power. He would absorb and destroy packs in an attempt to gather as much land as possible. Cassidy and the five women in her pack (Cassidy, Saf, Leah, Kelsey and J) were all victims of his greed. Some more so than others. Tortured, tormented and controlled, Cassidy is yearning for freedom.

Harrison's son, Caine, was a shining beacon of hope for the future – a promise that maybe someday Harrison's reign would end. But, when Cassidy was forced to kill Harrison to save her friend's life, Caine turns on them. He will not follow Cassidy as Alpha, he's convinced that he should be in charge.

His childhood crush on Cassidy turns to obsession and over the next few years they play a giant game of cat and mouse. Cassidy's pack would settle and begin to pull their lives together – Caine would arrive intent on mating with Cassidy and bringing her pack under his control. Cassidy would defeat him, but unwilling to kill the memory of the child she'd grown up with, she'd let him live. But each time he returned, he returned a little more powerful. Until, one day he strikes and holds Cassidy's closest friends hostage unless she submits to him.

She does so.

Escape is their only hope.

On the run for their lives, Cassidy and co can never settle in one place for too long, that is, until she meets Jake.

Separated and being chased by an Alpha intent on killing or claiming her, Cassidy stumbles across Jake's pack – and everything changes.

Jake is more than a little surprised when another Alpha enters his territory – especially one who makes his wolf sit up and pay attention for the first time in years. When Cassidy is fatally injured by the wolves who hunt her, Jake saves her life and goes against his pack, his own logic and tradition to protect her at all costs – because according to his wolf, she belongs to him.

Cassidy knows she should leave Jake's packlands, but for the first time in years she feels safe, and there's something about the mysterious Alpha Jake that she just can't quite walk away from yet.

When her pack finally catches up with her, their moment of reunion is shattered by a scared wolf with a shotgun. As one of Cassidy's closest friends lays dying at her feet, she realises that whilst Jake has welcomed them with open arms, his pack has not – and it's about to get worse.

Cassidy's least...'friendly' pack member is a wolf called J, who's known for her ruthlessness – she's also the closest to rogue than any other wolf and spends most of her time in wolf form. She's technically, not even an official pack member – even Cassidy knows that J is far more powerful than she is.

Kidnapping the man who shot her friend, J is out for blood, Cassidy must talk the she-wolf out of killing him in revenge. Whist Cassidy is worrying about pack relations and how she's going to apologise to Jake, there's only one thing on his mind. He thought Cassidy had been shot – he thought he'd lost her, and that was something that he could never do. She belongs to him and is never leaving – now he just had to find a way to tell her that.

The two Alphas grow closer as their packs begrudgingly begin to get along, but the honeymoon period couldn't last forever. As Cassidy's past catches up with her, one of Jake's pack members is murdered – a message for Cassidy left beside her body. Caine is coming to get her, coming to get his mate.

One of Cassidy's wolves, Kelsey, lost her mind years ago after Caine used the packlink – an invisible connection that allows the wolves in a pack to communicate in their minds – to send her insane, whilst spying on Cassidy. But ever since she's been with Jake's pack, something's changed. For the first time in a few years, she's having lucid moments and they all seem to centre around Jake's beta, Liam.

Liam doesn't realise at first, that Kelsey is his moonmate. He knows there's something about her, something different, but isn't sure what. Mates can heal each other, they can share their strength – and the second that Liam realises who she is to him, he claims her as his in front of the moon. Just like that, Kelsey is lucid – and out for blood. Caine stole her own mind from her and has been using her as his mouth piece.

Danger is looming. Caine has found them. He isn't going to go without a fight. Cassidy realises that in order to save her pack – to save Jake, she must go with Caine, but she should have known better than that. Unwilling to let Jake live, knowing how Cassidy feels about him, Caine gives the order to kill her entire pack and Jake's pack too.

Cassidy snaps.

Jake, realising that something has gone horribly wrong, races with J to find Cassidy before it's too late, but they underestimated Caine – underestimated his hatred. As J and Jake reach the clearing, they realise that they're too late – Cassidy is dead. Jake launches at Caine, ready to kill him as the pain of losing his fated mate – his moonmate – tears through him.

All along, she'd been right there. All along, his wolf had been right. They were destined to belong to each other.

As Jake fights Caine, Leah, the Rootbridge pack healer is able to save Cassidy just in time. Cassidy wakes up to find Jake fighting to the death with Caine, but her whisper of his name is enough to distract him – enough to give Caine the window he needed to strike his killing blow.

As Jake's body snaps against a tree, Cassidy scrambles to her feet and launches herself at Caine. She'd known for a while that Jake was his mate, but she'd been scared – too nervous to admit it or accept it. And now she'd lost her chance. Her moonmate was dead and there was nothing she could do about it.

In a brutal fight, Cassidy begins to lose her sense of control as her wolf takes over. She's going rogue - when the human side completely gives in to the control of the wolf until the animal is in charge.

Cassidy and Jake's pack watch on helplessly. Jake is dying. Cassidy is fighting to the death. In the middle of the fight, a searing pain flashes across everyone's temples – Jake is no longer the alpha of his pack, Cassidy is.

J, a woman closer to her wolf than any other, realises why. Cassidy and Jake are mates – their wolves have accepted the bond even if the humans haven't. With Jake dead, power transfers to his mate, Cassidy.

Which means, that Cassidy can use the mate bond – the invisible link between mates that allows them to sense each other – to save Jake's life. But, convincing a rogue Cassidy to give up her killing blow on Caine in order to save her mate's life is a little trickier than they planned.

Eventually, Cassidy is able to gain control of her wolf and choses Jake over revenge. J, Kelsey, Saf, Liam and a few others pledge to hunt Caine and kill him – but Cassidy must save Jake.

As Cassidy struggles and succeeds in saving Jake's life, sharing her strength – and love – along their bond, her pack catch up with Caine and finally, end his life.

With the threat over, and no one left to chase them, the Rootbridge pack settle into life with Jake and his pack. Jake's pack take the Rootbridge name, and Cassidy and Jake are officially mated at a mating ceremony.

But the past still threatens to interrupt their happy ending. All five of them have been on the run for so long, that they don't really know how to stop running. J, especially, who has spent most of her years in her wolf form in the forest, struggles to find a place amongst Jake's pack.

But little does she know that change is coming.

She killed Caine, but his pack still need an Alpha – and they're convinced it should be her.