Chapter 4

The next few days were simple. I got my cast off two days after my date with Scott. My leg was stiff but I could move it. The voice in my head finally went away.

    Scott and I had three days till the month of October begins. The month of our birthdays. I insisted that I drive myself home today he disagreed.

    His over protection is going to get on my nerves. "I'm perfectly able to drive home without you," I stated.

    "He's still out there Grace. He won't stop till he has you."

    "There are still other ways he can get to me."

    "I know but you won't move in with me." The past days he tried to convince me to move in with him.

    "I can't you know that. I'll call you when I get home," I added. Not letting him speak I go to my car.

    Getting in I turned on my car and drove away. As I left I saw Scott run outside. He couldn't be hurt by this.

    Something felt odd when I arrived home. Shrugging it off I walked inside. My bedroom light was on and a shiver ripped through me.

    Pulling out my phone I tried to call Scott. Someone knocked the phone out of my hands. It didn't take the voice in my head to know it was Edgar.

    Backing away I charge toward the door. He beat me to it. "Going somewhere Grace," he snarled. Getting a good grip on my wrist.

    "Leave me be Edgar," I snapped. "Scott will be here any second."

    "Then I guess I have to make this quick." A gun was pressed against my back. Taking a deep breath I stayed calm. We moved toward his car that was hidden behind my house.

    The voice in my head came back full force. Saying, "this will be the start of something new." Panic surged through me like a wave. I kept praying that Scott would find me.

    We drove for about an hour. He put a blindfold over my eyes when the car stopped. I knew we were inside a building. The tapping of the wood against our feet was loud.

    Taking off the blindfold I find myself in a room. A room with no windows so the light couldn't get in. He laughed and I turned to him.

    Everything about him made me ache to kill him. "Welcome to your new home."

    "Scott will find me Edgar."

    "We'll see about that Grace. See you in the morning." With one more laugh, he walked out the door. I sit on the bed and groaned sleep took me minutes later.
    ******************************
    A banging on the door sounded. It made me jump out of bed and go to the door. Edgar came in with a tray of food.

    His hand went to my cheek. Jeeking away from his touch I step back. He growls and thrust the tray of food at me.

    "You're going to need your strength for later."

    "What happens later?"

    "You'll see soon enough." With that he storms out of the room. Slamming the door behind him.

    I walk back to the bed with my food. Only eating a portion, since I might not get to eat again. Putting the rest on the side of my bed.

    Edgar came back an hour later. He looked pleased over me being here. It took everything in me not to make a run for it.

    "Are you ready for some training?"

    "Training," I yelled. "Training for what, to learn how to kick your butt."

    He slapped me hard. "I don't accept that tone." Edgar got in a fighting stance. I got in the same position. He was the first one to charge. Quickly dodging the attack I shoved him.

    The next attack I wasn't so lucky. He elbowed me in the face, knocking me to the floor. Pinning me down. "Get off me Edgar," I shouted.

    "Not until I try something." He put his lips against mine. I did my best not to gag.

    Thankfully it was over soon. His eyes were cold and distant. Scott needed to hurry and find me. Raising my knee I hit him in the stomach.

    He let me go and I ran toward the door. I didn't get far before he caught me. Edgar threw me on the bed and slapped me.

    After a couple more hits I was barely awake. "You don't feel that way for me but you will. You haven't the true side of Scott. And when you do you'll come to me."

    "I will never feel anything for you but hate. You took away my family."

    "Just wait till the blue. You'll feel differently.

Edgar got up and left the room. Tears began to pour down my cheeks. Curling into a ball I cry for Scott. Soon my body past out from exhaustion.