Chapter 14

In the room I was in there was no light. And Scott was no where to be found. Yelling his name I begin to search for him. A tiny light started to flicker across the room.

    That's when I saw him. He was half beast with his claws showing. The shining of his blue eyes were still there. With non human speed he was right in front of me.

    "If you want to save me then kill me," he whispered. A dagger formed in my right hand. "It's your choice Grace."

    Then his eyes turned fully black. I ran out the room into a never ending hall. Scott wasn't far behind me. The last thing I wanted to do is kill him.

    There had to be some good still in him. This couldn't be the end. My voice were saying kill him. Tears were flowing down my cheeks as I tried to choke them back. A hand grabbed me from behind. His eyes dark like his soul.

    I kept begging for him to let me go. All he did was chuckled. As he pulled back his claws I struck the dagger in his heart. Scott gasped and fell to the floor. Blood pouring out of his chest.

    His eyes turned blue. I got down on my knees and hold his hand. "I'm so sorry," I whispered.

    A bloody hand went to my cheek. "It's okay Grace. You made the right choice." Scott closed his eyes and his breathing stopped. He was gone.

    Waking up from the nightmare I was covered in sweat. It was twelve in the afternoon. Man I really over slept. Scott was still beside me asleep.

    Slowly easing out of bed I don't wake Scott. Going to the living room I see the book and take it. And look through all the pages till one intrigued me. It was telling me how to kill the beast.

    This could change everything on the blue moon. My dream told me how to kill it. Does that mean Scott will live and the beast dies? I had to tell Scott about my plan.

    "What are you looking at," said Scott. His voice made me jump.

    "Oh nothing. Just waiting for you to wake up." Thankfully he didn't hear the panic in my voice. I hugged him and went to take a shower.

    Changing into sweatpants and a t-shirt I go back into the living room. The smell of foof lured me to the kitchen. Scott was making grilled cheese sandwiches.

    Sitting down I watched him finish them. He handed me mine while he sat down with his. Savoring the taste of this magnificent grilled cheese. Scott's the king of grilled cheese. Not knowing I said that out loud till he burst into laughter.

    My cheeks go red and I turn away. Finishing my grilled cheese I place my plate in the sink. Waiting on Scott I sit on the couch. He's going to be mad at what I tell him.

    He knew I was stressed. His hand went to my hand. "Grace is something wrong?"

    "I haven't been completely honest with you on Edgar." He tensed and gritted his teeth. "My plan for the blue moon was to make him think I chose him. While he was distracted you could end him."

    For a few moments he stayed quiet. Letting go of me he goes to my room and shuts the door. I knew that Scott felt betrayed. Pained from my secret.

    Giving him time was all I could do. In the mean time I stayed in the living room. The pain in his eyes made my heart clench.

    Hours went by before he came out the room. He wouldn't even look at me. Let alone talk to me. I blink away the tears and went to make dinner. Once the dinner was prepared I called him in to eat.

    We sat across from each other. The distance is killing me. After dinner I got up to leave. He took my arm stopping me in my tracks. "You should have told me sooner." His eyes full of tears.