Chapter 6

The next day was easier to handle. When I woke Scott was still asleep. Sliding out of bed I go downstairs.

    He's going to get a surprise when he wakes up. I make eggs and bacon for breakfast. In minutes I hear footsteps coming. Scott smirked when he saw the kitchen.

    "You didn't have to do this Grace."

    "I know but I wanted to. When do we have to be at the station?"

    "In an hour. For the mean time we get to stay here." Walking over to Scott I put my arms around his waist. He leans down and kissed me. Pulling back I lead him toward the food.

    The way he stared at it made me laugh. Scott looked up for a second then went to eating. Once we finished breakfast and cleaned the dishes we left.

    William was outside again, waiting on us he looked a bit off. After greeting us I go to my office. A while later the phone began to ring non stop.

    Soon I was exhausted from the calls of people yelling. Edgar didnt call and for that I was thankful. A knock came to my office door. William opened it and sat down.

    I felt something odd in his presence. In the way he looked at me with his eyes. He sits down and stares. While I'm waiting for him to speak.

    "How are you feeling Grace?"

    "Great thanks."

    "Even when Edgar kidnapped you and held you captive for two days."

    "How did you know about that?"

    "I have my ways. See you later." With that he walked away. The urge to cry was great.

    Something or someone was doing this to William. I would tell Scott about it later. Edgar had to be behind this. The hours went by and Scott and I left to go home.

    The ride home was silent. I was afraid to tell Scott what I know. Or what I thought I knew. Once the car was in park we get out.

    Scott puts his arm around me as we go inside. I go to the kitchen while he sits and watches TV. I cook chicken and rice for dinner. When the food was done I go in the living room.

    He sensed my presence for he turned around. Getting up he walked towards me giving me a kiss.

    While we were eating I took a chance to tell him. Deciding this would be a great a time to discuss william. "Scott."

    "Yes Grace, what is it?"

    "Something is wrong with William. I feel Edgar is behind his behavior."

    "Maybe he's just stressed out lately."

    He has got to be kidding me. How does he not see the signs? "No something is wrong with him?"

    "When the time comes we'll know." I didn't want to argue so I got up and left. He called my name but I kept walking. Reaching the comforts of my room the tears began to fall.

    Scott didn't bother coming after me. It was a while before I got changed. Yawning I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

    A hand was touching my waist when I woke. It was still dark outside not even close to dawn. Looking over my shoulder I see Scott fast asleep. Smiling I get closer to him.

    The talk about William made me mad. But I still couldn't stay mad at him. He is my life, my everything. I gently go back to sleep in his arms.
    *******************************
    This time when I woke he was gone. The smell of food coming from the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen I see eggs.