Chapter 7

Waking up I realized I'm laying on top of Scott. Blush comes to my cheeks. He chuckled and kissed me. I pull away and get up.

    Going back to my room I change clothes. Scott was already downstairs drinking coffee. After making myself a cup we head to work. William didn't greet us this time.

    For that I was thankful. Kissing Scott I left to my office. As usual I locked the door to keep William from coming in. The voices in my head know something bad is going to happen.

    The day was really calm at work. I didn't get a lot of phone calls. That was until my cell phone rang. My mind knew it was Edgar calling me. Yet I still answered it.

    "Hello," I whispered.

    "Long time no see Grace. How do you like William?"

    "Change him back Edgar. It's me you want leave him be."

    "Oh I'm just getting started," he growled. "Wait until the blue moon you'll come to me."

    I ended the call and slammed my phone down. He wasn't going to stop till I was on his side. Tears were forming in my eyes but I blinked them away.

    Scott walked in and saw my distress. Hurrying over to me into a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist gave me comfort.

    "What happened Grace?"

    "Edgar called me again about the blue moon. What if something goes wrong?"

    "Hey he won't hurt you again. I'll make sure you're safe." My grip was tight on Scott's shirt. Prying my hands away I sit back down.

    Minutes later he left to go back to work. Soon it was time to clock out. As I was leaving with Scott, William took my arm. His eyes were pure red with rage. One look from Scott and I began to calm down.

    Feeling a knife poke me I froze. Still keeping my eyes on Scott's. Yanking my hair William pulled me outside onto the street. Scott had his gun out ready to fire.

     "William you don't want to hurt Grace."

    "Of course not but she must be brought to Edgar," snarled William. His hands began to shake with fear.

    Taking that as a chance to get free I stomp on his foot. I ran straight to Scott's arms William became furious and went on a rampage. He came forward and Scott shot him in the shoulder.

    That didn't faze him and he kept coming. Finally Scott decided to deliver the death blow. One shot to William's chest made him go down. He didn't make a move to get up.

    Running to William tears silently falling. Blood was everywhere as I reached his side. I grabbed his hand and looked into his green eyes.

    The color almost gone. "William it's Grace, can you hear me?"

    "Grace, Grace is that you? I'm so sorry I did this."

    "It's okay it wasn't your fault," I sobbed. His breathing hitched and got slower. I knew he was almost gone there was no saving.

    "I'm not going to make it but I need you to know that I love you. It's like you were my own daughter." William's pulse was hard to hear now.

    He could barely keep his eyes open. At this point I was shaking violently. "Love... You... Too..."

    His eyes closed one last time and he was gore. My head fell to his chest. Turning around I see that Scott has tears in his eyes.

    The sound of an ambulance was not far away. Soon paramedics came to take his body away. That's when I moved toward Scott. He always acted tough but not this time. The death of William has left him hurt.