Chapter 9

The feel of Scott's arms woke me up. The bruise I got from last night was still noticeable I couldn't let him see it. Getting out of bed I go downstairs to get coffee ready.

    Coffee was brewing so I went to the bathroom and put makeup on the bruise. Still not believing that he didn't remember. The sound of footsteps got closer to the kitchen. To keep my distance I stay on the other side.

    Scott came into the kitchen totally happy. His eyes blazing blue as usual. When he neared me I took a step back. Not wanting to risk anything.

    He noticed and frowned. "Hey Grace sorry I didn't wake up sooner."

    "It's fine the coffee is ready." Pouring him a cup I handed it over. Quick enough to where he couldn't touch me.

    While I was pulling back he grabbed my arm. Flinching from the pain that his touch caused me. Scott let go taking a step back.

    His blue eyes darkened. "What did I do last night Grace," he demanded. The hurt in his voice made me give in.

    Pulling back my sleeve he saw the bruise. Five fingers marked my delicate skin. Tears were already coming to my eyes. I hated crying in front of him it showed weakness.

    Scott took my hand in his and led me to the couch. We stayed still and silent. He Finally knew what he did to me last night. Would he guess that his beast did it? Minutes passed and we still didn't speak.

    He obviously doesn't want to tell me. Looking at the clock I see it's almost time for work. I gave him one more look before leaving the room. He didn't trust me to talk about the beast.

    My door shut behind me and I changed clothes. I put on a blue blouse and red pants. Ready to go I open the door to see Scott standing there.

    When trying to move pass him he stopped me. "It was my beast wasn't it?" I didn't say a word. "Please tell me what happened."

    "Yes it was your beast." Taking one step forward he took one step back. "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

    "I thought it wouldn't come back. I never wanted to hurt you." We would move pass this and start again. It wasn't his fault that he was born like this. Putting my arms around his waist I hugged him.

   Scott whispered thanks and hugged me tighter. Later after he was ready for work I told him. Hatred against himself went across his face. We got in the car and left.

    The police station was just up a head. Getting out we head to our offices. He seemed disgruntled as he went to his office.

    My phone rang and sure enough it was Edgar. He sounded so sure of himself. "What do you want?"

    "I thought you still wanted to see me. So I can tell you about my brother."

    He told me everything about the beast. Did you really think I would come see you?" Not giving him a chance to answer I hung up.

    For my lunch break I sat in the car. Soon Scott came out looking for me. Very quickly he got in the driver's seat. Still not turning to meet my eyes.

    "You should know the whole story of me."

    "I'm all ears."

    "It all started when Edgar and I were born. Since I'm mostly good I still have part of me that's dark." He stopped to see my expression. Probably wondering if I would walk away.

    After nodding my head he began to talk again. "Well on every blue moon that part shows. My darkness takes over my body."

    "It's not your fault. You don't know what you're doing."