Confession

Sebastian let Joseph go and went out of the office, right to the cafeteria. The tea from the vending machine wasn't the best one in the world but one could drink it and it was hot as fuck. Joseph definitely looked like he needed some warmth.

The detective put some coins in the machine and waited for the tea to flood in one of the cheap paper cups.

"Sebastian!"

He turned around as he heard his wife's voice. Myra was walking towards him.

"Hey.", he said with a little smile.

"What happened this morning. Sounded all serious." She looked at him with way too much curiosity in her eyes.

"So... nobody knows?"

"No." She shook her head. "But what's this all about?"

"Oh, thank god." Sebastian sighed in relief. "It's about Joseph."

"Is he hurt?!"

"Well... yes. But... fuck this is hard to explain..." Sebastian sighed again. "He really needs me now. Us. I told him that he can move in. We should clean up the guestroom a little..."

"Wait... what?" Myra looked at him in shock. "You can't just decide something like that without asking me!"

"I can and I will!" Sebastian took a deep breath. "I barely can talk about it, because it makes me wanna cry like a baby to say it..." He looked around to make sure nobody was listening. "Joseph got raped last night. And that asshole just got away with it."

"Oh my god..." Myra put her hands in front of her mouth.

"Sadly, that's not even the whole story..." Sebastian sniffed, not wanting to speak it out loud.

"Tell me." Myra grabbed his hand.

"He... tried to kill himself."

"Oh god..." Myra hugged him and it was exactly what he needed.

"You see... the would have taken him to Beacon. But that's not the right place for him. He needs me now. I can't let him down. It would break him even more."

"I understand. It's okay. He can stay as long as he wants. And we will take care of him as long as he needs it."

"Thank you so much."

Myra gave him a little kiss. "I just hope that Lily will like him."

"Lily likes everyone."

"No. She hates Tom."

"Tom is a fuckboy, of course she hates that little brat."

"Don't talk like that about a five-year-old!"

"Do you like that boy?"

"...No."

"There ya have it."

Myra smiled a little. "You're drinking tea today? How extraordinary."

"No, it's... for Joseph. I should head back to him. He doesn't like... being alone."

"I see." Myra gave him another kiss. "Take good care of him."

"I will."

Sebastian went back to his office where Joseph now sat straight on the couch. He was just staring at the ground with his glasses back on.

"Hey partner. I've got your tea." Sebastian sat down next to him and handed him the cup.

"Thank you." Joseph took a little sip.

"You need anything else?"

Joseph shook his head. "I'm good."