The Beginning

It was a very windy day when Joseph moved back into his apartment. As he and Sebastian were carrying his stuff inside the lid of the box was beating his face and his hair was covering his eyes.

"I really should have a haircut.", he said, when he finally was able to put the box on the floor.

"Maybe. You look a bit... disheveled." Sebastian grinned. "This was the last box I think."

Joseph nodded. "Thank you. For everything."

"That's what you've got friends for." Sebastian pulled him in a tight hug and Joseph closed his eyes for a second.

"You think you'll make it?", Sebastian asked quietly.

"Yes. I'll manage. I'm much more stable than I used to be."

"If you're feeling low just call me, okay? I'll keep my phone in reach. Promise."

Joseph nodded and slowly broke the hug. "Have you... told Myra?"

"Told her what?"

"You know..." He looked down on his shoes. "What I did."

"No." Sebastian placed one hand on Joseph's cheek and gently forced him to look at him. "It's not your fault, Joseph."

"It is. You know it is."

Sebastian moved back his hand. "You should come over for Christmas."

"I'm still not Christian."

"But you give me a present every year."

"Because I would feel bad if I wouldn't."

"So you can also come over and eat with us."

Joseph smiled a little. "Okay."

"Need any help with unpacking your stuff?"

"No. I'll spend the next days with cleaning and organizing my apartment I guess."

"Whatever makes you happy."

"You." Joseph smiled a little. "You make me happy."