The Trial

Sebastian had never seen Joseph this nervous before. He moved from room to room, playing with the tie of his suit and biting his lip. Not even Lily was able to calm him down and she normally had his full attention within less then a second.

"Joseph." Sebastian grabbed his shoulder as he wanted to leave the room again. "Sit down. Please."

"I can't." He shook his head.

"I know that you're nervous but it's going to be okay. Trust me. No one will blame you for lying about the blind date. They'll understand. He'll go to jail."

"God, I hope you're right..." Joseph looked at him. "I... I don't know how I'll react when I see him again."

Sebastian wrapped his arms around him. "Don't worry. I'll be there with you."

Joseph rested his head on his shoulder. "Thanks..." He took a deep breath. "I just hope the court case is over soon."

"And I hope you'll be better after it."

"I hope so... It would be great if he gets his punishment and I can move on with my life again... at least a little."

"I'm sure you will." Sebastian let go of him again. "I guess we could go already. Maybe it's better if we walk. It'll clear your head a little."

Joseph nodded and put on his cagoule. It was a bit stormy and rainy, like the weather wanted to fit the mood. But Sebastian never believed in omen's and the weather had been like that for weeks.

It was already October now, almost Halloween, and the case of Joseph's rape finally got to court. It was a big step for all of them.

Since Joseph's love confession things surprisingly got better than before. Joseph seemed to be more relieved than sad. He carried the weight of his feelings for years, unable to ever talk about them. But now that it was out, at least between them, he seemed much more relaxed.

Sebastian also saw and felt that he was getting better. The medication and the therapy seemed to work for him and he was smiling and laughing most of the time. Yet, he still lived at his house. And that was fine.

They were walking next to each other in silence. Joseph was hiding under his hood, so that Sebastian barely could see his face. The wind was howling around them and even Sebastian shivered a little.

"Maybe we should have taken the car.", he grumbled.

"Are you cold?" Joseph looked at him.

"A little.", Sebastian admitted.

"Here." Joseph took off his cagoule but Sebastian shook his head.

"Keep it. I'm fine."

"You say that now but tomorrow you've got a cold..."

"Better me than you. You need to be focused."

Joseph sighed and put the cagoule back on. Then he took a deep breath and looked at Sebastian. "Can I... take you hand? Only for a little while... I'm so nervous, I need to hold something."

"Uhm... sure." Sebastian reached over, and Joseph took his hand. His fingers were cold and shaking.

"You're freezing."

"I'm not. My hands get cold very fast and I'm afraid. But I'm not freezing... if it bothers you, you can let go again."

"No. It's fine."

They were moving forward again. It was strange holding hands with Joseph. And it somehow felt wrong. But Sebastian didn't let go. He knew that Joseph needed his comfort, that he was dying inside of fear.