𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝟷𝟾𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢

Once upon a time....

In a land far superior to our own there lived a nation of great kingdoms. In this world magic was an art and skill, many wonders can be achieved with it. In the center of this country was the Kingdom of Fiore; the very heart and soul of the nation. But in this story our focus is not on Fiore; far in the Western region lived two neighboring kingdoms. The Demon Kingdom; formally known as Tartarus was consumed by dark magic. Its citizens lived peacefully, however, King Silver wanted to continue his rule of tyranny with his son alongside him. The Water Kingdom; formally known as Aquatia lived in happiness and light with their king and two princesses.

Our story begins on the morning of Princess Juvia's 18th birthday.

Aquatia
The Royal Palace
9:30 AM
Juvia's POV:

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping happily, the sun shined through the curtains giving me its warmth. A smile spreads across my face, as I slowly got out of bed. I picked out my formal attire for the day, being a princess of my standards. I wore a light blue dress, with my favorite heels, and a necklace to match.

"Time to start my day!"

I exited my bedroom and walked down the hallway. As I walked by I was greeted by the maids.

"Hey, Juvia!"

I turned around to see my little sister Meredy running with a spring in her step. Meredy was actually adopted, a few years after my mother, Queen Cordelia died. My father decided to adopt Meredy, which brought a little bit of light back into our lives. I absolutely adore my sister, by blood or not, I could never ask for a better sister.

Meredy gave me a hug and smiled at me.

"Happy birthday big sis!"

"Thanks, Meredy."

I said returning the smile.

"Isn't this exciting? Think about it, now that your 18 you'll take over as queen soon."

Author's Note:
Meredy is 15 years old, and Juvia just turned 18.

"Yeah, not until I'm married."

"Which will probably be soon, since you know how dad is," Meredy said with a wink.

"Stop playing around Meredy, besides father is waiting for us in the throne room."

Meredy rolled her eyes, "Alright, let's go before he gets worried."

Me and Meredy rushed down many hallways until we reached the doors of the throne room. We were then greeted by Erza Scarlet.

"Good morning Princess Juvia and Princess Meredy," Erza said taking a bow.

I chuckled. "Erza, I keep telling you to just call me by my name."

"I know, but I love to greet you properly."

Erza Scarlet is the Commander of the royal guard, she's also a good friend of mine, we've known each other for years. She's a strong warrior and is passionate about everything in her life, which is one of the reasons why I admire her so much.

"Anyways, happy birthday Juvia," Erza said with a warm smile.

"Thank you Erza."

"The king is expecting you, and probably won't approve of you being late."

Me and Meredy nodded in agreement and we entered the throne room.

Our footsteps echoed across the floor, as we walked closer to the canopy where a throne sat. King Riku is a wise and nobleman, he loves his subjects like they were his children. I hope to be as great as he is when I become queen, I want to lead my kingdom with the same compassion that he has.