𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

About 2 months later...
12:42 PM
Juvia's Room

I sat in my room near the window and watched the people from above. Everything seemed so tiny from a large distance. I sighed as I looked down to the floor deep in thought. It had almost been six months since I came here and I felt myself longing for home. This wasn't uncommon of course. There would be times I would think about everything I left behind back in Aquatia. But lately, these thoughts have been occurring repeatedly. Nothing is able to cheer me up. I try my best to act as if nothing was wrong to not worry Gray. But he could easily see through my act; I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Just then a knock was heard from my door. "Come in."

The door opened and I felt a familiar presence I knew all too well. Gray.

"Juvia, I know I usually wait until the evening but-Do you love me?" Gray said as he presented my favorite flowers; waterlilies.

I sighed sadly and turned away from him.

After a moment of silence, I heard Gray grunt in annoyance. "How long do I have to wait?"

"Gray..." I started, but he interrupted me.

"How long?!" He yelled.

"I..I..."

"You can't even say a polite "no" anymore?"

"Gray, I'm sorry..."

"You always say that! I've been trying my best to keep you happy, but all you do is reject me! Is it me? Am I too different for you!? Or you don't even want to bother with a monster like me!"

"That has nothing to do with it!" I cried.

"Then why?! Why do you still reject my affection?!"

"Because you treat me like a prisoner!"

After I spoke those words Gray looked at me with disappointment in his eyes. I held myself together and looked him in the eye.

"I understand that you don't want me to leave and that we made a deal. B-But, if you really were my friend you wouldn't keep me like a caged bird. You tried so hard to make me happy, but you still deny me the one thing I want!"

"Well, you've denied me the one thing I want. And what I want is..."

I let out a small whimper and Gray looked at me sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you..." Gray said softly.

There were a few moments of silence until Gray spoke up again. "Y-You really want your freedom. Don't you?"

"Yes."

"If I gave it to you. W-Would you leave me?"

"I...I...."

I looked into Gray's eyes all I saw was sadness, which broke my heart.

"I know it's unfair to both of us. But, could you at least let me think about it?"

I looked at him completely stunned. Would he actually consider it?

"Alright," I stated simply.

And with that, he walked away; closing the door behind him.

Gray's POV:

As soon as I was far away from Juvia's room I punched my fist into the stone wall in frustration. I don't get it. I did everything that the old man told me to do. I went out of my way for her and this is how she repays me! I let out a growl, before taking a deep breath.

"I have to calm down, me being angry isn't going to solve anything."

I sighed and leaned my head against the wall.