𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚢

Meanwhile...
Somewhere unknown
Juvia's POV:

The first thing I saw when I awoke was a bright light. Actually, all I could see was brightness. Was I dead? Did that demon somehow manage to kill me?

"Juvia! Juvia, is that you?" Said a familiar voice.

I turned to my right to see my father alive and well. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"F-Father..." I uttered in disbelief.

I quickly ran up to him and embraced him. I felt tears stinging my eyes.

"Juvia....My daughter....I'm so happy to see you..." My father said as he himself shed a few tears.

"Father, I thought I would never see you again."

"Shh, It's alright. We're together again."

When we broke apart from our embrace, I looked around still in a confused daze.

"Father, where are we exactly? Are we-dead?" I said mumbling the last part.

Riku sighed. "No, we're not dead Juvia. From what I can tell we're in limbo."

"Limbo?" I questioned.

"The rift between time and space; the real world and all other dimensions. I always assumed it was a myth, until now."

"How long have you been here?!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not sure. Probably a day or so. Time doesn't work properly here." My father explained.

I looked around desperate to find any clue that can get us out of here.

"Is there a way out of here?"

"I'm not sure. The only person that can free us is the castor. We might be stuck here for a while."

"We can't just sit here! Everyone back home is in danger!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

I sighed and explained to him everything that's happened. From the demon that's pretending to be him and Tartarus possibly declaring war on us.

"Oh god, Juvia this is bad. I've done everything I could to prevent this from happening. But now...."

"I know father. Which is why we need to get back immediately!"

"Your right Juvia. We'll find a way together."

I nodded firmly.

"Gray, please wait for me." I thought to myself.

Meanwhile...
Meredy's POV:

The troops were just about to depart from the port to meet up with the other guards laying refuge at Tartarus. When I heard that Juvia was back, I immediately ran to the throne room to meet her and father. I wasted no time knocking and barged into the room with my father giving me a blank expression.

Author's Note:
Remember guys this is still Minerva pretending to be Riku. I just wanted to remind you to clear up any confusion.

"My goodness Meredy! You startled me."

"I'm sorry father, but is Juvia here?" I asked hopefully.

"Your sister is resting at the moment. She'll meet up with us shortly."

"I'll just go check on her then."

I was about to leave when my father grabbed my wrist unexpectedly.

"No!"

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion and father quickly let go of my wrist.

"Your sister specifically asked not to be disturbed. She's worn out from everything that's happened."