𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽: 𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗

A few days later...
Tartarus
12:02 PM

I sat in my room reading a book that Mirajane had loaned to me. It was about a girl who had recently lost her lover in a tragic accident and refuses to find herself associated with love again until someone comes and sweeps her off her feet. I sighed softly. It sounded cliche, but I sometimes wished that my life could be like the ones in books. Where a handsome prince comes and takes me away to his castle, and we live happily ever after. But that's only in fairy tales, and I doubt my life could be anything similar to that.

I heard a knock from the door and Gajeel came in with a small frown on his face.

"Hello Gajeel, you seem to be a bit grumpy today?" I said with a giggle.

Gajeel rolled his eyes, before giving me a small smile. "Very funny water woman. Prince Gray is requesting your presence."

My mood quickly deflated at the mention of Gray.

Ever since Gray kissed me at the engagement party, I've been avoiding him at all costs. He had taken my first kiss, and the worst part was that I liked it! I felt almost disgusted with myself for liking it, and I couldn't get the image out of my head when I thought of him.

I sighed, giving in to his request. "Alright, I'm coming Gajeel."

"Good, because you know that the prince doesn't like waiting."

I nodded and followed him out the door.

A few minutes later...

When we found Gray he was chatting away with Mira. I slowly entered the room with Gajeel behind me, Gray turned and gave me a smile.

"Thank you Gajeel for bringing Juvia over."

"No problem your highness," Gajeel said, before leaving the room.

Gray took my hand and brought me over to a mirror. I looked at my reflection and suddenly felt uneasy.

"Is something the matter Prince Gray?" I asked shyly.

"No, Mira just needs to get the measurements for your wedding dress."

"Wedding dress!?" I exclaimed.

"Yes, we are to be married in a few days. We don't have time to waste."

That was the last straw, I couldn't let this go on. I have let them walk all over me long enough. This is something entirely bigger than me. I can't sit around and let this happen knowing that I may have a chance to escape this prison.

"Gray?"

"Yes, my dear?"

I turned around to face him. "Don't you think that this is a bit too soon?"

Gray shrugged. "Not really, besides my father wants us to be married as soon as possible."

"B-But I hardly know you as it is." I stammered.

"Do I need to remind you of the terms of our agreement?"

"I'll still marry you, just not yet."

"Care to explain your reasons behind this?" Gray asked suspiciously.

"It's just that, when I get married, I-I hoped to fall in love first..."

"Oh, there will be plenty of time for that."

I swallowed my fear and narrowed my eyes at him.

"As I recall you said that you would give me whatever I desired." I pointed out.

"I did say that, didn't I?" Gray said as he fiddled with his hands.

"Well, I desire that we postpone our wedding."