𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

3 months later...
Tartarus
12:23 PM
Gray's POV:

Days turned into weeks, and before the princess knew it she had been there for three months. Gray and her new friends kept her busy, to make sure she was happy and comfortable living there. Juvia rarely ever thinks of her life back in Aquatia. But at times she would reminisce the happy moments with her family and friends. Gray and Juvia's relationship has improved since Juvia first came to the castle. They loved spending time together. The castle servants noticed the change in the once gloomy castle. So they hoped and prayed that romance would blossom between the pair.

"No way! I'm not doing it!"

I argued as Gajeel and Mira gave me looks of disappointment.

"Come on Gray! You've been spending a lot of time together. It's about time that you asked her out on a date."

"Yeah, man up!"

"I swear if you guys weren't my friends, I would've locked you both in the dungeon by now," I mumbled.

Mira and Gajeel glanced at each other and shrugged.

"Come on Fullbuster. We've known each other since we were kids, why are you so nervous about it?" Gajeel said as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

I sighed. "It's just, I'm afraid that she'll say no. Or even worse, she might not enjoy it. She's only doing this for her kingdom. I doubt she'll ever have real feelings for me."

Mirajane took me broadly by the shoulders and made me look at her. "Listen to me Gray, I'm sure that the princess cares for you. The same way you care about her. The bond you share is special. Are you going to throw what you have away over these little doubts?"

I felt a small smile form on my lips. "No, your right."

"Of course I'm right. Now go in there and make Gruvia happen!"

I squinted my eyes in confusion, before shrugging it off.

When I finally found Juvia she was in the library reading quietly in the corner. I took a deep breath and gathered up all my courage, before walking towards her.

"Juvia?"

Juvia jumped in surprise and turned her gaze towards me. When our eyes met I couldn't help but stare. Her eyes were a deep ocean blue, and I could easily get lost in them every time. I shook my head and brought my attention back to reality.

"You startled me, Gray. Is there something you needed?"

"Yes actually..." I said while looking towards the ground.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out tonight?"

Juvia's face instantly turned into a bright red. "Y-You mean like a date?"

"Yes, if you don't mind that is."

I saw her face change from a blank expression to an unsure look.

"I knew it. She's probably going to reject me...." I thought to myself.

"I would love to."

My eyes widened and I looked up at her with a shocked expression. "Y-You mean it?"

"Yes..." Juvia said shyly as she avoided my gaze.

"That's great. Would five o'clock be fine?"

"Yes, that sounds lovely."

"Alright, see you then."

I walked out of the library with a huge grin on my face. I could hardly contain my excitement and nervousness. Now all I had to do was figure out where to take her.