Deux

The whole process of getting paint at the shop was mainly a blur.

& that's because our brains only remember what's important to us, or anything that has meaning.

Moments like then & now, are forgotten weeks from now.

That test you failed in 6th grade? That 3rd grade crush? Your first trip to the movies?

The simple things are meant to be forgotten, but never meant to be taken for granted.

Walking in the city that day, walking along the bustling streets along side other people who live a life just as complex as you.

It's nostalgic.

But the sunsets in Toronto. That's a view.

The way the hues align against the tall buildings, or the way the day melts into the night. Creating a perfect harmony.

It's the simple moments like those that get imprinted into my mind, but walking around people I'll never see again? Not so much.

Walking into the paint store, & the scent of new paint & plastic palettes filling my nose.

It was home.

- Flashback -

I walked into the vintage paint store, ringing the bell, only to be greeted by no one other than Mr.Kim, the store owner.

"Oh Lynne, you're back so soon?" I heard him say as he peaked from above a shelf he was arranging paint jars on.

"I am, & I probably won't be back for another year or so." I say, trying to keep my composure.

I got accepted to NYU about 2 weeks ago to study modern art & it was my last week before leaving.

Knowing Mr.Kim, he'd be probably sad, but proud.

I've practically known him since I was a little girl who could barely draw, and now here I was, about to leave to study what he taught me love the most.

It's such a bittersweet moment.

It breaks my heart knowing I'm gonna leave him & my mom behind. He's put his life into working at the art shop with his wife before she passed away 2 years ago from a brain tumor.

I hope he'll be okay.

Was all my mind could tell me. The thought of losing someone so dear, scares me.

"Why's that?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow.

Well.

"I got accepted into NYU & I leave on Sunday night, so I'll be gone for a few months, but I'll be back in the winter maybe." I say, rubbing the nape of my neck & rocking back & forth on the heels of my vans.

Before I could even process what was happening, I felt myself consumed in a hug. Feeling contentment rush over me.

"Thank yo-." was all I got to say before I heard the same bell again.

More customers.

I turned around to see some of the boys from the metro earlier, except only 4 of them.

It's dimple boy again.

- End of Flashback -

Seeing you again that day made me tense up.

I don't know why. I wouldn't say I was nervous, but I wasn't happy either.

I felt indifferent.

At the time, it was nothing but a small coincidence to me.

Except, looking back. It was all but that.

You called it fate a few days later, but I told you to stop dreaming.

I wish I had believed you.

——————————————————————————

This is the fastest I've ever produced a story I'm-

This chapter felt a bit shaky, so I'm rlly sorry if it comes out to be like that:(((

And excuse any errors.

Ty for reading <3