Quatre

I remember that Monday night all too well.

Which contradicts what I said about forgetting the small moments.

Call me a hypocrite.

But you added some excitement, a feeling of free spirit.

I remember going on Instagram to find you, or anyone with connections to you.

I'm only checking if he's not a psychopath or murderer, I told myself.

I had found your account.

"BangxChris._"

I wasn't so surprised.

You were the social type, large circle of friends, Australian born (I knew it), & a songwriter?

Something that took me a bit off guard.

You were the picture perfect "boy next door" type, & I think that's what held me back then.

I didn't want to fall. Fall into something I knew I couldn't get out of.

But I did anyways.

& I regretted it.

For all the good reasons.

- Flashback -

"Lynne your friends here!" I could hear from downstairs.

Friend? Samantha didn't tell me she wa-

Oh my god. Chan.

Fuck.

I threw myself off my bed, causing a thump to be heard.

You know that moment when you're home alone & you hear your parents pulling up into the driveway, then realizing you didn't clean like you were supposed to & try to rush everything?

Yeah, that's me right now.

I slipped on some grey sweats, a white crop top, & tried to brush my hair & clean my room at the same time.

Multi taking at its finest.

"Your room is so.. homey." I heard a voice from behind me say.

A voice I knew all to well.

"You...What happened to a 'oh maybe I should text Lynne telling her I'm coming over' so she has time to get ready?" I whisper yelled, hoping that my mom wouldn't hear.

"I did. You just happened to be asleep." You told me back.

& you were right.

I checked my phone, & there were two messages.

Chan
I'm coming over, whether u like it or not
wear sum comfortable (:

Oh.

"Wear something comfortable?" I asked, clearly unaware of what he was preparing for.

"Okay... So I was thinking, you know, make you do something out of your comfort zone."

"& what would that be?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Dancing." You replied with a smirk, showing your little side dimples.
"Also you dressed for the occasion, so we might as well go." You added, gesturing to my sweats.

Oh god.

"Listen. I can't even do a turn. There's no way in hell i'm gonna go dance. Especially in front of other people." I said, moving to my desk to put more of my art supplies in a movers box.
Trying to get away from the subject of dancing.

"Are you moving?" You asked me, trying to hide your frown.
Even though it was small, I could still see it.

"Uhm yeah, I'm leaving Sunday night for New York." I answered, my sentence trailing off.

Suddenly I felt a punch of guilt.

Maybe I should go dancing? To make it up to him? it's the least I could do?

Right?

"Oh, that's good." I could hear you trying to cover up the glint of sadness up.

"Listen.. if I agree to go dancing with you, do you promise not to make fun of me? Because I really don't know what I'm doing." I said, letting out a breathe I didn't even know I was holding.

"I promise."

& we pinky swore.

- End of Flashback -

That was the first promise of many more.

& you lied to me.

You laughed at me regardless, but I let you.

The dance studio belonged to one of your friends dads.

Hyunjin was his name I think.
A passionate dancer. I remember you telling me how much you envied him because he was following his dream.
I assumed you meant that because you didn't follow yours, but I didn't ask. It felt too soon.

I wish I had been more accepting to new things then.

I wish.

You taught me that it's okay to get out of my comfort zone & to try new things.
You taught me to live a little more.

To slow dance, & thinking back now, it was such a mess.
I kept tripping every few steps & I couldn't hold a straight face.

but it was fun.

Thank you.

——————————————————————————
Uwu hey yALL. Writing this chapter made me kinda sad:((

Also, I don't I mentioned this before, but the story is based off of the new movie "The Sun is also a Star", in which a boy makes a girl fall in love with him in a day. Before she has to move.

Except in my story, Chan & Lynne have a week, bc yk gotta get them details in.

Anyways, ty again for reading <33