🌈-23- Lost (Part 5)

Your POV

You didn't take your eyes off the landscape outside the truck's window.

You couldn't face anyone in this car. It was too embarrassing.

You wanted to just dig a hole and lie in it and never, ever come out. You wished you didn't hold so much hope. You wished you ignored the way Strange looked at you.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Strange on the other end of the truck, eyes stuck on his phone screen.

It felt like forever.

You thought you should say something. You thought you should try to pretend nothing happened-

Bloody hell.

Your headache hit you hard, like someone was hitting your temple over and over again with a hammer. You groaned. This was nothing like the past ones. This was hell.

You felt like your head was going to explode, but you bit your lip to stop yourself from screaming in pain. You knew you could not cause any more trouble to these men.

Hold on.

When the headache came for the first time, Kaecilius' followers attacked you. The second time, a voice repeated some names, and specifically repeating Mordo's name. This was no normal sickness.

As if it was trying to warn you...

You felt a chill came down your spine. The voice repeated Mordo. Did it mean...

You suddenly wanted to get away from Mordo, as far as possible.

"Strange-"

The truck spun after you felt something hit the truck, the truck was filled with panicked screams and everyone was trying to hold onto something.

You felt your head hit onto the window glass. Before you lost your consciousness, you noticed Mordo was gone.

Get out of here, Strange...

That was all you could remember.

----------

This was not the first time you fainted in these few days.

Waking up with a start, you found out you couldn't move.

You were tied to a chair, your hands tied behind your back. Your head was hurting like hell, not just because of your headache but also your injury. You felt your blood ran down your neck.

When your eyes could finally focus, you saw a man kneeling in front of you.

"Oh, you're finally awake." He tilted his head.

"Mordo, why..."

"Why?" He squinted, "What? Why did I betray you?" He laughed. His laugh caused the hair behind your neck to stand as it was filled with coldness and sarcasm. Unlike the Mordo before, caring and polite.

"No, Y/N," He said after he finally stopped laughing, "I didn't betray you. I am saving you. No. I am saving the world."

"What are you talking about?" You asked, trying hard not to let your voice tremble, revealing your fear.

"This world is ruined." He rose, starting pace back and forth in front of you. "Look at us. Global warming, climate change, pollution, everything. We have no way to save it. Except, handing it to Dormammu."

Dormammu?

The voiced had mentioned this name before. Your headache became more severe.

"We can't just sit and do nothing. We have to save it or we will be destroyed at the end. Join me, Master Y/N." Mordo pleaded.

Struck by lightning. That was what you felt the second he called you Master.

Everything came back to you. Everything single thing.

----------

I am Master Y/N, the former Sorcerer Supreme, lost my sister and mother, saved the world from Dormammu's domination, met Stephen Strange, fell in love with him, had a happy life in Kamar-Taj.

Then I was kidnapped by Kaecilius to threaten Stephen for the Eye of Agamotto, but he saved me and brought me back home.

"You have to leave me," Stephen said, the sadness in his eyes ripped your heart apart. "It is too dangerous staying with me."

"You knew I wouldn't." You insisted, "Are you trying to push me away? Do you love me?" Tears rolled down your cheek, you didn't bother to wipe it.

"I love you with all my heart and mind, Y/N." He held you in his arms, "And that's why I have to let you go. You will get into danger as long as you are with me."

"I am not afraid!" You sobbed into his shirt, "All I want is to be with you. I don't care what will happen to us. We can face them together."

Stephen couldn't say anything, he shook his head.

None of you said a word.

"I am not leaving you." You whispered.

You slipped out of his arms and walked away because you needed time to calm down.

You heard Stephen murmuring something under his breath.

Shocked and terrified, you spun around and stared at Stephen because you were not the only person who knew the spells for wiping out one's memory.

You were too late to block his spells.

His spells hit you before you could even raise your hand.

You were weak in your knees and you collapsed onto the floor. A pair of strong arms held you.

You felt tears falling on your cheek but they were not yours. Sadly, you could no longer remember who they belong to.

"I'm sorry, Y/N..."

----------

Coming back, you took a sharp intake of breath. You were too shocked to realize the truth.

Mordo was so used to calling you "Master" that he didn't know he just made the biggest mistake in the world.

Not realizing your change, Mordo kept on pacing back and forth, talking about how this world would be under the rule of Dormammu.

"And now," A terrifying smile appeared on his face, "I have something to deal with."

Oh no.

"Anyone going against us, has to die." The cruelty sparkling in his eyes could have made you cry, but you were not the useless girl anymore.

And you know, you can't let him know you had remembered everything.

Pretending to be terrified, you sank yourself further into the chair, as if you wanted to vanish into the thin air.

He sighed. "Never mind. Guess I shouldn't waste my time on you. You have no idea what I'm talking about." Thank god.

"I guess I should take care of the others."

Stephen is in danger. That was all you could think about.

Stepping into a portal, Baron Mordo left you alone in the cold and dark room.

To Be Continued...

:)❤️