🌈-25- Lost (Part 7 Ending)

Your POV

You sat on the shore, having your head against the tree and you stared at the river.

You didn't call the dolphins because you knew you couldn't talk to them.

"I think we should talk."

The voice gave you comfort, but, at the same time, anger.

"You think we should talk? We should talk?" You burst out laughing, but it sounded like you were both laughing and crying at the same time. "Great, let's talk. How's the weather today?"

"I am sorry." He sat down beside you. "For everything."

"You're sorry." You laughed again, like it was the funniest thing in the universe.

"I truly am." He reached for your hand, but you refused to let him touch you. "Please, let me explain--"

"For what? For wiping my memory out without my approval? For forcing me out of your life?" You yelled at him. "Stephen, what you did is far beyond wrong! Three days ago, I still believed that I am a normal 21-year-old girl!"

"But if you stayed, you could've been dead because of me."

"Ask yourself, does this make a difference?" You gestured at yourself, "Do I look like I am safe? After these days?"

He couldn't say anything. He realised, after leaving you out in the outside world alone, danger always made its way up to you. It seemed inevitable to prevent you from danger.

"Stephen, you made me forget who I am, and where I am supposed to be in." Your tears of anger ran down your cheek. "Most importantly, you made me forget that I love you."

The hurt and sadness in his eyes almost choked you but you managed to push it aside.

"Do you know how shocking it was to remember everything?" Your voice dropped.

The frustration and anger in your voice vanished. Replacing them was exhaust and disappointment.

"I could never believe you really cleared my memory." You buried your face in your palm and you started to sob. "I couldn't believe you, r-really-"

He pulled you into his arms. This time, you didn't resist. You were too worn out to push him away.

Besides, you missed the way he held you in his arms so much although you didn't want to admit it.

"I did it out of love, you have to understand." From his voice, you could hear that he was crying too. "You have no idea how I felt when you left."

You didn't look up.

"I was so alone," He choked on his own words, "Every day, I thought about you. I went to your room. It reminded me of our time together and I cried. I cried and cried till I have no tears left, then I slept on your bed. Cumber seemed to understand you were not coming back again, but she kept for you waiting in your room every single day.

"I thought I saw the sadness in her eyes. Really. And it reflected in mine. When I woke up the other day in your bed, Cumber was in my arms. As if she was comforting me. Day after day I tried to forget you, tried to wipe you out of my mind. But you know, it didn't work. I wish I could wipe out my own memory too.

"I had tried applying the spell on myself, as forgetting must be better than remembering. But every time I raise my hand, your smile appeared. I saw you smiling at me, laughing as if I just said something funny. That's when I figured out I couldn't forget you. I don't allow myself to.

"So I lived in a world knowing we would never be together again. Every part of Kamar-Taj reminds me of you. It was painfully comforting, knowing you were safe and happy in the other end of the world. Without me. That's better for both of us.

"But right here, right now, you are in my arms. Being with you again makes me realize, I never, ever want to let go again. Never.

"I know I am selfish.

"But like a man walking inside a maze without an exit, I also know, I am lost, without you."

You burst into tears, like you had just heard him confessing his love to you for the first time. You knew this man worth more than just your love.

He ran his fingers through your hair. "I don't want you to leave me."

"I won't." You said between sobs, "The affection you had on me, the feelings I had for you even when I forgot about you, was real, and inevitable. I am sure, it's destiny which guided me back to you.

"No matter how many times you wipe out my memory or force me out of your life, I will still be back for you, fall in love with you all over again. Perhaps we are meant to be together.

"So please, Stephen, don't push me away. Ever again."

"I'm sorry for everything."

You sat with your boyfriend in the silence. The wind and water smelled of forgiveness.

"You know, I was so afraid," You took a deep breath, tried to calm yourself down, "to kill Kaecilius. I wasn't afraid of killing him. I was afraid of the pleasure it brought me. The pleasure of the revenge for my sister.

"I actually felt the ecstasy swelling in my heart, and I feared it, hated it. But I can't help but feel victorious for killing a man. I hate myself."

You buried your face into his chest.

"You don't have to be sorry for killing him. He deserved it. He killed millions of people, including your sister."

You nodded. He's right. Kaecilius is undoubtedly a bastard. He deserved it.

"Thank you. For everything."

"After I wiped out your memory, almost caused you to die in other's hands, and everything I did to you, you thanked me?"

"Because," You smiled at him, "you still love me."

And for that, you forgave everything he had done to you.

"You know why I didn't kiss you on the truck?" Abruptly, Stephen asked.

"Why?"

"Because, you were Y/N, but you weren't Y/N at the same time. So if I kissed you, I would be kissing another girl that wasn't you. I wouldn't allow myself to do that." He paused. "I just want you to know that."

He scratched the back of his neck, and his face was reddened with embarrassment.

Smiling, you leaned in and gave him back the kiss he missed.

----------

"Will you stay with me wherever I go?" You asked.

"Without a shadow of a doubt," Stephen answered. You truly believed him.

Let another day begin.

----------

[The End]

----------

As a matter of fact, Mordo is one of the strongest enemy of Doctor Strange at all times according to the comics. I think he would appear as a villain in the Doctor Strange 2 (to be released in 2021), as some theory had discussed. So I decided to make him into a villain in this ministory :))