•Distraction•

•Tes's POV•
Sunday and Monday seemed to drag on. My parents finally got back home this morning as I was heading out the door for school. Nothing eventful has happened since Saturday night except for me having to beg Gabby to drive me back to the party house to retrieve my car, and i'm insanely worried.

I haven't seen or heard from Brendon.

I was excited for Monday to be able to possibly talk to him in lunch detention, especially about Saturday but when I walked in, he was no where to be seen. That night was definitely a blur but one key point I remember was wanting so badly for him to come stay with me in his spare bedroom but of course my dumbass stopped myself. Once he dropped me off at my house on Sunday he left in a hurry which I wasn't expecting him to do. Was I bothering him? Did he see me as just another toy? Who knows. For some reason I can't get him off my mind and i've been dying to see him, to talk to him.

I'm getting in way over my head, he drove you home. So what? Brendon's driven EVERY girl home at least once.

Suddenly my phone rang distracting me from my thoughts.

"Hey, what's up?" It was Gabby.

"Hey! Constance and I are thinking about maybe going to the mall, want to come?" I pulled the phone away from my ear to see it light back up, the time showing 5:38.

"It's a little late, isn't it?"

"Who cares?"

I didn't really want to go but I knew if I said no Gabby would know something was up. I decided to agree to go and avoid the twenty questions and hung up to get ready. I was sure my parents wouldn't mind considering the mall was only about twenty minutes away from my house and I wouldn't be going alone. I grabbed my bag from my closet and threw my wallet inside along with some gum and headed down the stairs.

"Hey, uh dad?" He was sitting on the couch next to my mom, He always said yes though.

"Yes, Tessa?" I hated when he called me by my full name.

"I was just wondering if I could go to the mall with Gabby and Constance." I bit my bottom lip waiting for a reply.

"Hmmm" He hummed thinking. Maybe he was going to say no. "I don't have a problem with it." he looked at my mom, "Honey?"

She starred at me from above her reading glasses, book in hand "I don't care just don't be out too late okay? It's a school night"

I smiled widely, "Thank you!"

"Love you!" I said running out the door to my car.

I hopped in and started up my little 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio. It was old, but it ran like a charm. When I first got it the windshield was busted, the stereo was way out dated, and it was missing a tail light. I worked my ass off that whole summer to save up to replace what needed to be replaced, and get a new sound system. I've probably put more money into this thing then it's worth but it's one hundred percent my baby. I backed out of my drive way and plugged my phone into the aux cord to play some Fall Out Boy. I turned it up and headed over to Gabbys.

"I think i'm going to get this, it makes my tits look GREAT." I was at the mall in a Hollister dressing room with Gabby and Constance. Constance was trying on a baby blue tube top, just in time for summer.

I wasn't too interested in Hollister clothes. Every main stream middle class white girl lives and breathes their jeans but I honestly couldn't care less. I was more interested in going to Zumiez or Vans to check out some new shoes or possibly a backpack for summer hikes and adventures. Once Constance finally decided she wanted the shirt, she went and paid with Gabby while I waited outside the store. I looked around our small one story mall this town had and spotted out at least seven kids from our school. You couldn't leave your house without seeing someone you know here.

Gabby and Constance finally came out of the store and walked over to me.

"Hey," Gabby said when she walked up to me "What's your opinion on Brendon? You know that senior?"

My heart dropped to my stomach. Hearing someone else say his name felt so foreign. Since no ones seen him, no ones talked about him. I wish I could see him.

"Oh um." I had no idea what to say "He's hot but isn't he like... a player?" My mind started racing. Did she know about the party? Did she see him take me home?

"I mean yeah but do you think he'd be down to fuck?" Her voice trailed off when she said that last word. Have they been talking? Was Friday and Saturday a huge lie? I must be digging too deep. I caught feelings for a pot head fuck boy.

I mean I don't even like him like every girl at our school does. Yuck!

"Tes? Hellooooo?" Gabby was snapping in front of my face trying to free me from my deep thought.

"I think i'm going to run into Zumiez. I'll catch up with you guys later." I could barely talk or think straight. I turned around and started heading to the store. This boy is messing with my head. Does every girl get like this after talking to him? It's almost like he has me trapped because he's all I can think about. His damn smile, his beautiful eyes, his voice when he talks, his smell. Everything.

I walk into the store and censored rap music fills my ears along with the smell of cologne coming from every skater boy in there. I headed to a rack of backpacks I see in the back of the store. I wanted something neutral to go with everything I wear, but not some big dumb hiking backpack. I start looking through the rack at all the different brands and colors and eventually grab a dark purple Vans one. I swing it over my shoulder and head to the side of the store with the shirts. So many brands, such high prices.

While I search through the folded clothes on the little counter a familiar song fills my ears. It was rap though which wasn't really my taste. How do I know this song? Where have I heard it?

Then it hits me.

It was the song that was playing when I walked in on Alexa and Brendon at the party. The song I had a breakdown during in the bathroom. The bass starts getting louder and louder and my head starts to pump.

'Calm down Tes you're overreacting. It's not a big deal Tes calm down'.

I go back to the far side of the store near the backpacks and hats again where you can barely hear the speakers. I take deep breathes in and deep breathes out. Why was this happening? I'm never like this. I decide to distract myself more and start looking at the backpacks again, seeing if I missed a cuter one the first time around.

Although, I can't focus very well. Someone near me is... singing? But it's good. Even though it is the same song I broke down to.

I see a figure by the hat section and realize the singing is coming from there. I peek my head around the rack and almost puke in front of him all over again.

—————————————————————-
HELLLOOOOOO yes i know i'm sorry i'm sorry!! it's been wayyyyy to long but guess what?! IM BACK! i love you all sm and thank you for reading this lmfao.

word count:1,411

now, enjoy this lil sum sum ;))

Brendon has you pushed up against the wall, your legs wrapping around his torso, his hot breath fanning across your neck. He kisses gently at your skin sucking just the right spot to drive you wild.

"Brendon please-" you moan out.

"I'll take you right here right now, princess." He says grinding up against you, "All you have to do is vote."