• Just Friends? •

Hello you guys! If you haven't already go ahead and read the ending to 'Again?' because I changed it. Thank you for sticking with this book!

————————————————————————

Mr. Richardson's classroom hasn't changed from two weeks ago. Still the same dull room, same dull assignment, same dull teacher. My final was now the least of my worries. I was officially a victim of high school drama for the second time this year.

I had been working on my paper here and there. I'd write what inspired me then erase it shortly after not knowing where to go with it. I can't picture myself as a senior next year, in Brendons shoes. Will I end up like him?

I let my feet drag me through the rest of the day. I hop in my car with Gabby and take her home. It was a silent ride. I'm sure Constance told her what had happened this morning and she put two and two together and figured out that something, anything, was going on between Brendon and I. Once I got home I walked past my parents without saying a word. I plopped down on my soft bed and didn't know where to start decoding my thoughts. Alexa? Again? She's ruining my chances again. Was she not fully satisfied the first time around? Does she seriously have something against me that's worth all of this trouble? I don't know if I want to face the problem head on and go to Brendon or just let this all play itself out.

I decided I was going to finish what I started last night. I was going to go to Brendons and confront him face to face. I grab my keys and head downstairs

"Going to Gabby's so she can help me catch up on some homework. Is that alright?"

"I suppose. Don't be out too late." My dad say's without hesitation.

"I won't, see you in a bit."

I got in my car and thought. I thought hard. I missed him. I know I shouldn't and I know I have no reason to but I do. I need an explanation for all of this. I turn my car on and pull out of the driveway in a flash. I was at his house in a couple minutes.

I get out of my car and walk up to his porch. His car is sitting in front of his house so I hope he's actually here. I raise my sweaty fist to the door and knock three times.

Within seconds the door creaks open. Brendon's still wearing the sunglasses he was at school

I stare at him in silence.

"Hi." He finally chokes something out.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." His face is stone cold. "What's with the glasses Fight Club?"

"Oh, they just go good with my outfit."

Really, does he think I'm dumb? I take them off of his face with one motion and see a throbbing black eye.

"Oh my God, who the hell did this to you Brendon?" Did he get in a fight? Piss someone off?

"Just come in Tes no ones here." He opens the door more inviting me in. The house smells like the boys bathroom the first day I met Brendon, like weed.

"I'm guessing someone smoke bombed you?" I say jokingly waving my hands through the haze he's created in his living room. I see a blunt sitting on the coffee table, taunting him to light it. He shot me a look and rolled his blood shot eye, the other one was too swollen to be opened.