Flustered

It was the usual day around Miss Robicheaux's Academy but it was definitely quieter than it usually is. Then you had remembered that all the girls had gone out on a field trip with Zoe. The academy was just starting to recruit more and more girls. You assume this was because of Cordelia's little news broadcast just last month. You were one of the first few girls to come right after seeing it. You'd suffered endlessly due to your powers and how no one understood you. You ran away from home hoping to find the sanctuary you've always needed and wanted. Cordelia, she was always super sweet to everyone and you loved that about her. You knew there was something different about her but you couldn't put your finger on it. You've had a crush on Cordelia for a awhile but you've tried to suppress it as much as you could. You always denied your "little crush" for her because you felt it wasn't appropriate. After being caught up in your thoughts, you here footsteps coming the stairs.

'I wonder who's still here?? I thought everyone left with Zoe. That was the point of me staying alone. I guess I'll go to the greenhouse before who ever that is finds me.'

You walk down to the greenhouse and remember the first class you had in here. Cordelia taught that class. You were learning about plant manipulation and "potions" as Cordelia called them. You smile to yourself as you remember what a clumsy ass your were that day. You were so flustered and having Cordelia there didn't make it any better. You had dropped one of the pots on the floor and the whole class stared at you. Most of the girls laughed, which made you feel worse about the situation. But Cordelia yelled at the girls for making fun of you . She told you it was alright and that there was nothing to worry about. You loved learning more about your powers and no other place in the world could make you happier than here. You continue reading your book and hear footsteps again coming closer. You disregard it and continue reading paying no mind to whoever came in. You didn't even glance up cause you just wanted to be left alone. Cordelia came in and saw how concentrated you were with your book.

"What the hell could she be reading that's so intense? She won't even look up"

Cordelia always thought of you as a quiet girl cause you never really spoke to anyone. You read most of the time or just observed. There was a mystery to you that no one noticed other than Cordelia. "Hey you ok (y/n)??" She said. Your heart stopped for a second cause you knew exactly who it was.

"Crap crap crap"

you just froze and looked up. "Hey (y/n)" Cordelia said with that intoxicating smile. You really didn't even know what to say anymore to her. "H-hi" you barely even spoke up, you could barely even look her in the eye. "You ok?" She sounded worried. "U-uh y-yeah just reading" you played with the rings on your finger so you didn't have to look at her. "I gotta go b-but it was nice to see you" you sped out. You finally made it up to your room. You slammed the door and finally realized what the hell you had just said. " It was nice to see you?! I see her every fucking day what the fuck!?" You rambled to yourself endlessly. You decided to just take a bath and try to relax after having that "wonderful" moment with Cordelia. You stepped into the bathroom and ran yourself a warm bath. You had only been the bath about 10 minutes or so before you heard a knock at your door. You assumed it was your annoying ass room mate

"why is she back so early?"

"Go the fuck away Amelia!!" You yelled angrily and sighed. You hear the door open and as your prepared to yell, Cordelia appears. You quickly pull your knees up to your chest and you can feel your cheeks burning up. "Oh sorry I didn't know you were bathing" she says with that beautiful angelic voice of hers. "Is it ok if I talk to you later??" She says. All you can do is nod and look away. Cordelia could tell you were nervous about something but didn't know what. Cordelia just wanted to know what was making you all flustered. She was worried. As soon as she left the bathroom you put your hand on your chest. You could barely breath at this point. You knew you couldn't talk to Cordelia, you'd probably lose it. What sucked even more is that you guys were the only ones in the house till tomorrow. "I'll just hide out here till tomorrow morning. I mean I might starve but it's better than a heart attack" you thought to yourself.