Gomora

Gomora (ゴモラ) is an ancient kaiju species from Earth. They are immensely powerful, being the first kaiju able to fight an Ultra to a draw. While Gomora is supposedly portrayed as a hostile Kaiju, starting with the emergence of , most later incarnations of him are portrayed as comrades to respective protagonists of the series.

Subtitle: Ancient Monster (古代怪獣 Kodai Kaijū)Cyber Subtitle: Cyber Monster (電脳怪獣 Dennō Kaijū)Contents

Height:40 meters

Weight:25,000 metric tons

[]Discovery and Capture

Gomora in Ultraman

Professor Nakatani, aided by member Arashi (acting as his guard), goes on a scientific expedition to the . They discover that the legendary kaiju Gomora is still alive, and Nakatani decides to bring the still-living kaiju to a museum for the World's Fair. The SSSP agrees to do this task, despite the utter illogic and danger of bringing a living kaiju to a largely populated city. Before the kaiju attacks them, Arashi tranquilizes the kaiju with the UNG Dart, and the Patrol airlifts the kaiju via nets with the Jet VTOL. However, the kaiju awakes an hour early due to atmospheric changes between the island and the mainland and struggles to the point where the VTOL's have to release the nets, thus causing the kaiju to fall two kilometers to the ground.

Escape from Ultraman

Enraged, Gomora goes on a rampage on Mount Rokkô (where he landed), and , who comes to the rescue, is unable to stop the kaiju, and is beaten, much to everyone's shock. Even worse, somehow in the fight, the Beta Capsule is knocked free from wherever its stored in Ultraman and its retrieved by a kid nicknamed the Monster Prince due to his fascination with kaiju.

Rematch and Defeat

When Gomora continues his rampage, Hayata of the SSSP uses the powerful Mars 133 gun, invented by Ito (Ide) to counter the second appearance of the Baltans, and succeeds in severing his tail. But the kaiju burrows under the ground in retreat, and later appears at . The Patrol is ordered to save the castle at any cost, however Gomora smashes the castle. As the kaiju pursues Ide and Arashi, the child returns the Beta Capsule to Hayata. Hayata tells the kid to run and hide then uses the Beta Capsule to transform back into Ultraman. Ultraman saves the day by breaking the Kaiju's nasal horn and left crest and blasting him in the forehead with the Specium Ray. Hayata rewards the Monster Prince by giving him his communicator-insignia and tells him to study hard and not obsess over kaiju.

TriviaGomora was the first kaiju to defeat Ultraman (until their second battle which Ultraman won).Gomora is also the second kaiju Ultraman had to fight twice, the first being who Ultraman had fought just an episode prior.Gomora's roar is a combination of 's roar (from ) and an elephant trumpet (which is from the Hanna-Barbera sound library).Gomora's suit would later be modified to create the kaiju, .Originally, Gomora and were to be revived by , but due to their suits being in overused condition, were replaced by and . This fact is left in the English dub when the SSSP mistook the revived kaiju for Red King and Gomora.Gomora's original design was to have a second head crest pointing down. This design was used instead for Gomora Ⅱ in Ultraman 80.The images of Gomora shown to Arashi were actually design concepts drawn for the kaiju.Gomora's designs would eventually inspires , a Digimon from the Digimon franchise, with the reference can be seen on his durable cranial skin, mimicking said Kaiju's horn.

Gomora (seen on the left) as part of the Monster Army

In of , Gomora was seen in a animated flashback as part of the Monster Army lead by .

Gomora, as seen in the Hanuman film

Gomora reappeared in the movie .

In this film, Gomora was among the kaiju awoken (along with , , , and ) who aided the kaiju in attacking before retreating. After arrived, Gomora reappeared to aid the kaiju in battering Hanuman, Gomora encases Hanuman in a crystal sphere after he is beaten down by , , , and . Shortly after capturing Hanuman, the appear, rescuing Hanuman and weakening Gomora, who burrows away for his own safety. After the other kaiju are killed, Gomora resurfaces and ambushes Ultraman and Hanuman, emitting a rainbow-colored energy field from his head crest to confuse the duo, and, as a side-effect, cause natural disasters such as flooding. Eventually, the other five Ultra Brothers arrive and rescue Ultraman and Hanuman, using their finisher beams all at once on Gomora, knocking his energy field out of commission. Finally, after Gomora is viciously beaten down by all the other ultra brothers, he is sliced in half and killed by Hanuman's Hanu-Crescent Slash.