Chapter 15: Of Brunches and Untold Futures

Chrissy stares up at the sign hanging above the door. Big Nose Kate – Psychic That Can Solve All of Your Problems it reads. Chrissy shakes her head and huffs out a laugh. She never thought she would ever be returning to the psychic after their visit for Waverly. Chrissy sees it all as fake and doesn't trust when someone claims to be able to see into her future, but anything is possible now that she seems to be a bisexual. Taking a deep breath and fixing her hair, Chrissy pushes the door open and strides inside, trying to exude some sort of confidence.

"Back again so soon?" Kate says as she appears from behind the curtain separating the front half of the room from the back.

"It's almost been a month," Chrissy said, annoyance evident in her tone.

"Most people don't come back for twice as long," Kate smirks. "Something important brings you here today, and it has not to do with your friend."

"Wow," Chrissy crosses her arms, "how amazing. You can tell that I'm here alone."

"You've just had a revelation, a new feeling you have never truly felt before," Kate stands behind the table in the middle of the room, beckoning for Chrissy to sit. "You have lost someone, a friend perhaps, to someone you loath."

"I..." Chrissy trails off and sighs, taking a seat across from Kate. "Yeah, actually."

"It was the one you came here for in the past, was it?" Kate takes her own seat and casts her gaze upon Chrissy. "She has reconnected with her ex, her "ex-ex" as she calls it, and that has left you feeling a bit..." She trails off looking for the right word.

"Jealous," Chrissy offers, "angry, sad, annoyed. Just to name a few."

"Miss Nedley," Kate starts, "you feel deep emotion over this situation, because you feel deep emotion for your friend."

"How am I supposed to get over it when I wasn't even aware of it until an hour ago?" Chrissy groans and rests her head in her hands. "I want to be happy for her, I want to be supportive."

"But you are stuck on these feelings," Kate finishes. "May I suggest something?"

"It can't hurt at this point."

"Let me read your palms," Kate places her hands on the table, palms up. Chrissy looks down at Kate's hands with curious eyes. She takes a deep breath and places her hands on top of Kate's, jumping slightly at the sensation that shoots through her body.

"What the..." Chrissy mutters to herself. "Did you feel that?" She looks up at Kate.

"That's the power of the psychic, darling," Kate smirks.

- - - - -

"So I saw a certain blonde storming down the hall earlier this morning," Wynonna starts after taking a sip from her cup of coffee. "You two break the news to Baby Nedley or?"

"We didn't," Waverly fixes her gaze on Nicole, "but I'm pretty sure she knows."

"Hey, don't look at me," Nicole holds her hands up in surrender. "I only answered the door because I didn't want to wake you."

"Whipped," Wynonna snorts quietly into her coffee.

"Look," Nicole glares at Wynonna before turning back to Waverly, "I told you that I would talk to Chrissy. I'm sorry if I upset you by answering the door, and giving away information that you weren't ready to give her yet. I was just trying to let you sleep."

"I know," Waverly's face softens and she reaches out to take Nicole's hand. "Chrissy is just...a fiery one. It worries me, now, that she'll be mad at more than just you."