Epilogue

His fingers remain interlocked with mine as the celebrant speaks. I don't think he'd let me drop his hand even if I wanted to.

I steal another glance at Vic. He appears to be paying attention, but there's a subtle distant look in his eyes that says otherwise, a look that only I'd notice. It takes ten years of friendship, and ten months of being lovers to be able to identify something so special.

I wonder if he's thinking about our wedding. Because I am. I have been all day. I've just been quietly planning a wedding in my head while standing here, as Jenna and Tay get married.

Maybe that's disrespectful, but I can't help it. I just want to marry Vic so bad.

I don't know how long he's going to wait to propose. Maybe he hasn't even thought about it. People usually date for a few years before getting engaged. But I've known Vic for ten years and these past ten months have been so filled with love, so magical, I feel like we're ready for the next step. But I don't know where Vic's head is at with this.

Hey, maybe I should propose to him.

I'm snapped out of my dreamy thoughts when I hear Tay say the words everyone's been waiting for.

"I do."

Tay and Jenna hold hands and grin widely as the celebrant continues.

"And do you Jenna Rachel McDougall, take Taylor Kathleen Jardine to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"I do." Jenna beams.

Vic squeezes my hand so I glance up at him. He's just smiling down at me foldly. I want to kiss him but now isn't the right time.

"I now pronounce you married."

The church breaks into applause and cheering as Tay grabs Jenna's face and kisses her passionately.

I sigh dreamily and rest my head against Vic's shoulder.

"I love you." Vic whispers softly.

I turn my head to to him, grinning widely, then think "fuck it" and grab the back of his neck as I kiss him.

Vic cups my cheek and chuckles softly as he pulls away.

"I love you too." I giggle.

He wraps his arms around me tightly and rests his head on my shoulder as we watch Tay and Jenna walk hand in hand back down the aisle.

Jenna spots me as she passes and gives me a little wave, grinning widely. I blow her a kiss and watch her leave the church as I sink more and more into my boyfriend's embrace.

I doubt anything could ever make me feel happier than I do in this moment. Nothing could be more perfect.

--

My head rests against Vic's chest as we sway to the wedding band.

We've been dancing all night and despite my tired legs, I don't ever want to stop.

Vic lifts his chin from my shoulder so I take my head off his chest and look up at him. He's smiling down at me lovingly as he pushes a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Do you have any idea how beautiful you look tonight?" he grins.

I turn my head away, blushing heavily at his sweetness, but he takes my chin between his fingertips and turns my face back to his.

He kisses me softly and much like every kiss we've shared over these past ten months, it's magical.

He then looks around and drops his hand from my hip so he can wave someone over.